3 days post-op pain

mohamedwaly
on 4/22/16 4:39 am, edited 4/22/16 4:41 am

hello

i post-op for 3 days ( 19 April 2016)

i have no incision pain or shoulder .

but my doctor ask me to drink 6 cups per day with a rate 1 tablespoon per 3 minutes .

some times I have pain in my stomach when I drank liquid or when walking.

I think the pain is decrease by time but Iam afraid because I  did not read that before.

is this normal ?

you have same pain in the same time?

when will it gone?

Sorry for my English 

Kris R.
on 4/22/16 5:30 am - Walworth, NY

Try drinking different temperatures.  I found cold water caused discomfort, but room temp. was OK.  However, if you're concerned, give your doctors office a call.  They are there to help.

You can't take care of them, if you don't take care of you!!
Band 10/2006, removal 10/2010, VSG 02/08/2016

ubserved
on 4/22/16 4:55 pm

When I took my first sip of fluid, I nearly barfed. It was a 1 ounce cup. I got through it, it wasn't all that difficult a task. each day I could drink more and more fluid at a time. I am a bit over 5 months post op and I can drink freely within reason. I am not going to be able to chug 20 ounces of fluid at once, but I can easily drive 5-6 ounces at one time should I feel like it. It will get easier, the pain will go away. Keep in mind you are 3 days out of major surgery. Your body is incredibly mad at you for what you put it through. It will also take some time to understand the new signals your body is telling itself. Hang in there and good luck.

mohamedwaly
on 4/24/16 8:08 pm

Thank you all 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 70 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 264 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 327 views