Starvation mode???

BREE_
on 4/22/16 3:51 pm
VSG on 03/21/16

how many calories a day do you have to eat so your body won't enter starvation mode? In 1 month post op and I seem to have stalled I called my dr office and they told me it was normal it's like a staircase there's ups and downs on the weight 

Bufflehead
on 4/22/16 4:05 pm - TN
VSG on 06/19/13

Your doc's office was right about stalls and losing in a stair step fashion being normal.

IMO, don't worry about starvation mode -- if it were a real thing, no mammal would have ever starved to death, and we sadly know that is not the case.

White Dove
on 4/22/16 4:27 pm - Warren, OH

Starvation mode happens in famines and concentration camps.  When the body gets down to about 70 or 80 pounds weight loss stops.  Nobody keeps losing down to zero pounds.  If you get to 80 pounds you will need about 800 calories a day.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Steph Meat Hag
on 4/23/16 7:46 am - Dallas , TX
VSG on 03/14/16 with

Google starvation mode.  Nowadays it's thought of as a myth.  It's something I think food companies like to tell us is possible so we eat more food than we need.

Want an example? Look at how many of us are "surviving" on 600-1k calories yet the daily recommended intake it's 2k? Something didn't add up. 

Go look in our exercise boards lots of people over there maintaining and working out well under the recommended intake.

Age:40|Height: 5'9"|Lap Band 2/11/08 |Revision VSG 3/14/16

The cake is a lie, but Starbucks is not.

https://fivedaymeattest.com

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 0 replies · 1 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 0 replies · 1 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 185 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 273 views