For the sleeved folks, can you describe the pain post OP?

Ellalosesit7
on 5/4/16 5:32 am
VSG on 05/25/16 with

Hello everyone!!

My name is Gabby and I currently have a surgery date of May 25th! I went for my first consultation on April 25th, as you can imagine this process has gone exceptionally fast! Now that most of my pre-op testing is completed, I find myself thinking more about the post op recovery instead of being preoccupied with how many doc appts I can go to after work... 

I have already been to the preop classes and I understand the phases of recovery and all of that but I am wondering how bad is the pain right after surgery when you wake you up in the post op room? I have to admit my tolerance for pain is pretty high but I am starting to get nervous about how bad it is actually going to be. 

Thank you for reading and sharing your insight!

Sandra F.
on 5/4/16 5:50 am

My major problem post-op was not pain, it was nausea.  I have seen that many people on here do not have it, but unfortunately, I was not one of those people.  I actually threw up from the time I woke up at around 7ish that night until about 1pm the next day.  I was never in a lot of pain though and actually only took my pain medicine once after leaving the hospital.  I opted for Tylenol other than that.  The pre-op diet and first month are not fun; I won't sugar coat it for you, but if you can get through those, you will not regret the decision.  I am 110 lbs down and loving life.  Good luck to you on your upcoming surgery.

Ellalosesit7
on 5/4/16 6:03 am
VSG on 05/25/16 with

Wow! Congratulations on your weight loss, truly amazing! My doctor does not require a pre-op diet but recommends smaller meals the week before the surgery. Thank you so much for your reply and again congrats on your weight loss! 

L. 68
on 5/5/16 10:45 am

HI ELLA,

I'M THE DAY BEFORE YOU WITH DR. EWING ALSO..  GOOD LUCK AND SPEEDY RECOVERY TO YOU!! YOU WILL BE FINE DR. EWING PUT IN MY BAND 10 YEARS AGO AND IM STICKING TO HIM FOR MY SLEEVE.  IS THIS YOUR FIRST SURGERY.  I WILL CHECK ON YOUR PROFILE..

IF YOU WANT YOU CAN PM ME.

TTYL  COUNTING DOWN THE DAYS 18 MORE DAYS BEFORE SURGERY WOOP WOOP!! 

"Your not a failure if you fall your a failure if you fall and don't get up"

" Beauty is Pain"

Ellalosesit7
on 5/9/16 5:29 am
VSG on 05/25/16 with

omg!!!!!!

SOOOOO AWESOME!!!

I am going to definitely add you and keep up with your page! wishing you  a very safe surgery and speedy recovery as well! Dr. Ewing is the best, everyone has raved about him! Even his fellow peers have spoken very highly of him! 

Chris "Thick-to-Fit" T.
on 5/4/16 5:56 am - FL
VSG on 05/26/16

Congrats on having a date :) Mine is the day after yours

I'm the opposite... I'm not really concerned about the post op. That may be an issue in and of itself, though! From what I've gathered, it can be pretty unpleasant but within a few days everything seems pretty normal. Sensitive, and cautious movements, but normal. I'm counting on going back to work on Tuesday after memorial day. I sit at a desk and walk around our facility every so often.

Blog: www.thickto.fit

YouTube: Click Here!

Instagram: ThickTo.Fit

Heaviest Weight: 345 | SW: 315 | CW: 175 | GW: ~180

Ellalosesit7
on 5/4/16 6:07 am
VSG on 05/25/16 with

haha! sweet! We are totally in the same boat, I plan on going back to work the following Wednesday after my surgery. I have a desk job as well and so far the doctor feels confident on clearing me to return to work as long as I am able to meet my liquid requirements per hour with no nausea. I will make sure to keep up with your page and hopefully hear some great news from you post op! By the way, congrats on losing over 40 pounds before surgery! 

Newbie2016
on 5/4/16 4:35 pm
VSG on 05/11/16

The answers to your question are giving me a boat load of relief.  I've been so anxious about post op.  Idk why.  My surgery date is may10. Good luck to you.

Age 38, Pre Op Weight 244, Surgery Weight 230, Goal 165

L. 68
on 5/5/16 10:47 am

GONG BACK AFTER MEMORIAL DAY TOO.  AFTER READING ALOT OF POST I HAVE GATHERED IT WILL BE OK FOR ME TO GO BACK RIGHT AFTER MEMORIAL DAY ( I HAVE A SITTING JOB)..

"Your not a failure if you fall your a failure if you fall and don't get up"

" Beauty is Pain"

lisapelly
on 5/4/16 6:44 am

For me it really wasn't bad at all.  I would say the first couple hours after I woke up were a not much fun but then they got me up walking and by the next morning I was doing much better and was able to go home.  You do have to keep up on your pain meds or it will catch up to you but as long as you take them as prescribed I really had very little pain.