OMG-what next?

Allie16
on 5/7/16 5:06 pm
VSG on 04/14/16

Watching a horse show today and look down and the front of my shirt is wet. Sure enough my larger incision is oozing. At first I think its just because the surgical tape and scab are coming off, but it just keeps draining (3 weeks out). Called my Dr this afternoon and he is saying if it get worse I should head to the ER. Then they will open it up and I don't know, my mind went blank after that. Totally creeps me out. And the thought of having to open it up?! Anyone else ever have this happen? Talk me off the ledge?

-Flo-
on 5/7/16 6:11 pm
DS on 04/11/16

That happened to me. I went to the ER, totally freaked out. Turns out, it was fat necrosis. They didn't open it up more. They just dressed it, game me some prophylactic antibiotics and had me change the dressing frequently. It's fine now.  

Allie16
on 5/7/16 6:42 pm
VSG on 04/14/16

Oh thanks, hopefully that's all it is. I'll see how it is in the am.

Steph Meat Hag
on 5/8/16 1:27 pm - Dallas , TX
VSG on 03/14/16 with

How'd things go for you?

Age:40|Height: 5'9"|Lap Band 2/11/08 |Revision VSG 3/14/16

The cake is a lie, but Starbucks is not.

https://fivedaymeattest.com

Allie16
on 5/9/16 4:49 am
VSG on 04/14/16

Made it thru the weekend with no trip to the ER. Incision still leaking but has not gotten worse. Going to see my surgeon today. Hopefully for good news, fingers crossed. Thx

FuturePinUp
on 5/9/16 8:29 am

I had the same thing happen to me about 1-2 weeks post-op. It just would not stop oozing through bandages for several days. My surgeon advised me that as long as it wasn't hot, swollen, or paired with a fever, to not stress it. Eventually it closed up enough to stop oozing on it's own. Hopefully this is just what's going on here. Good luck with your follow-up today!!

VSG: 06/24/15 // Age: 35 // Height: 5'10" // Lost so far: 190 lbs

HW: 348 (before 2 week pre-op diet) // SW: 326 // CW: 158

TT/Lipo & BL/BA: 07/21/17 with Dr. Reish (NYC) BL/BA Revision: 01/11/18 with Dr. Reish (NYC)

Unconventional Sleever & Low-Carb Lifer

Allie16
on 5/9/16 5:49 pm
VSG on 04/14/16

Follow up-saw my surgeon today. He opened up the incision a bit and stuffed it with gauze. So gross. Took a sample to make sure its not infected. Have to go back tomorrow to get it repacked and then they are going to set up home health so I don't have to go every day. It was way worse in my head, but I couldn'****ch. Just covered my face with my shirt, literally. He said it was not a big deal, happens sometimes, but boy I wi**** wasn't happening to me. Not sure how long this will have to go on, didn't want to ask : )