Day 2 ...

JTMGPW
on 5/14/16 5:02 pm

Got sleeves 5/12/16! That First day out of anesthesia was so uncomfortable, lots of bloating, lots of bathroom visits to try and pee (good golly there wasn't much mention on here about the bladder issues after anesthesia). I think I went every hour on the dot, and didn't sleep until 3am, still waking at 4 and 5 and 6am to go pee But at least slept in between. The rest of the second day was getting pain under control and trying to get a little broth and jello in me. Got home in the evening of the second day and it was so much more uncomfortable. My bed is awful, can't find a comfortable spot in a chair or couch or anything. The one thing I didn't think about was preparing my comfort spot when I got home :/. i feel like one big wahh baby, LOL. 

Now on day 3, I'm struggling to get liquids in, trying to sip but I have to say it's really difficult. It's getting more and more painful so I'm resorting to taking the heavy pain meds they prescribed to get that under control. I hate pain meds. I hoped to avoid taking anything but extra strength Tylenol but I think this situation warrants it at this point. I saw the other post in this forum about getting liquids in and will be following that advice! So grateful people are posting about issues.

One thing I noticed today is that I'm so incredibly sensitive to smells - any smells :/. Anyone else go through this?

P goode
on 5/14/16 5:35 pm - Arlington, TX
VSG on 05/11/16

Yes- omg...my daughter came in from swimming at the Y with a friend and having pizza the day I came home and the smell of the shampoo from the Y and her pizza breath almost had me gagging! Yesterday I opened the fridge and something in there almost knocked me down. I have read about it on here before. Reminds me of when I was pregnant but this is actually more intense. 

How are you getting your meds down?

Done! Your Ticker:

"Long ago in a galaxy far away"- WT-325. Lap band WT-287. Sleeve WT- 220, SW- 215, CW-144

JTMGPW
on 5/14/16 6:03 pm

I'm able to tolerate my meds ok. I get a little gag reflex after taking it down, but do a tiny sip of water to chase it away. Cherry flavor seems ok to me, so does lemon/lime. Anything else makes me nauseous :/. 

Sammy2929
on 5/15/16 4:15 am
VSG on 05/02/16

I had a catheter in the hospital and did not get it out until the day I left?  You guys didn't have one?  I feel like I have to go quite a bit now but I know it's because I'm constipated and have issues 

Lynn D

Age:52, Height 5'4", HW 299, SW 282.6, Current weight as of 02/22/17 159 lbs.

M1 30, M2 25, M3 30,  M4-9 M5 ? M-6,7,8 25lbs, M 9 1/2 ?

JTMGPW
on 5/15/16 7:19 am

Oh I had a catheter during the surgery, but they pulled it out during recovery and by the time I got to the room I was able to go. I'm sure that's probably why I had all those going pee issues. I had had a catheter before but never felt so retentive after it :/, so this was surprising for me. 

P goode
on 5/15/16 10:38 am - Arlington, TX
VSG on 05/11/16

My doc made me go potty before I went into the or. Did't get a cath. I did have a hard time letting go of urine that day and the next however. Think that was from being blown up with gas and the anesthesia. That resolved quickly. 

I tried to send you a message about bananna pure protein cause I thought I read you found some at Sam's- what region of the country are you in? We can't find it anywhere in Texas. 

Done! Your Ticker:

"Long ago in a galaxy far away"- WT-325. Lap band WT-287. Sleeve WT- 220, SW- 215, CW-144

Sammy2929
on 5/15/16 11:21 am
VSG on 05/02/16

I'm on the West Coast of Florida.  Can't believe you can't find it.  Maybe it will be coming soon since it's pretty new.  They carry it at Sam's and Costco in my area.

Lynn D

Age:52, Height 5'4", HW 299, SW 282.6, Current weight as of 02/22/17 159 lbs.

M1 30, M2 25, M3 30,  M4-9 M5 ? M-6,7,8 25lbs, M 9 1/2 ?

PUGGLESPUPS
on 5/15/16 7:37 am - MA

I drinking something hot, I find it easier.  I'm one week out myself, and can't get plain water in,  it's just too dense.  if I lighten it a little with crystal light or something like that it isn't so bad.  I've been living on hot decaf tea.  small sips.

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 45 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 45 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 200 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 282 views