OMG.....3 days to go!!! Nervous - sorry VENTING

Anita
on 6/2/16 7:32 pm

Monday is my big day and I'm really feeling the pressure......how did everyone else deal with it? I will not back out now, but I'm sure feeling stressed.......and can't believe I'm the only one................EVERYONE I've spoken with who has had this surgery is pleased, happy and feeling great.......and I know I will too..........

Am on my pre-op diet....doing well, not actually hungry, but antsy.............am I alone?

Sorry for the vent.... I know you all understand in ways that "civilians" cannot and WILL not.

I'm thinking of going out tomorrow and buying a new pair of jeans....2 sizes smaller......did anyone else do that? How long / how many pounds was it before they fit?

Here are some more silly questions

Did anyone find that their feet got smaller? I got a new pair of shoes and they're a little tight so I'm afraid to get them a half size larger.

Is there any difference between the Magic Bullet and the Nutri-Bullet other than the size? Does anyone have a preference and why?

What helps with jitters - other than friends who care....fortunately I have plenty of those.

How can you tell the difference between head hunger and real hunger?

How can you tell the difference between hunger and thirst?

Can we use lemon or lime (or even cucumbers or mint) to flavor the water we need to drink?

Why didn't I ask these questions when I was with my surgeon the other day?

Okay......craziness over (for now)..........thanks everyone.........I live alone (my significant other isn't here right now....I sure miss him....he'll be here tomorrow) and I guess I'm letting my mind play tricks on my sanity. I need some hugs.....

Thanks!!!

Good friends are like stars. 
You don't always see them but you always know they're there. 

White Dove
on 6/2/16 9:35 pm - Warren, OH

My shoe size went from 8-1/2 wide to 7 wide.  It took about six weeks.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Anita
on 6/3/16 7:55 am

WOW....that's a big change.......thanks......so, I guess I'll hold on to those cute new blue boat shoes after all!

Kris R.
on 6/3/16 5:48 am - Walworth, NY

You've got this.  Try and not stress over this.  I did not go out and buy new clothes because most of my clothes were tight and I actually still wear some of them almost 4 months out.  They are big but I'm cheap when it comes to spending money on myself.

I use cucumber in my water, stay away from lemons and limes because of the..  Head hunger is all you'll feel for a while.  Being 4 months out, when my head says.. oh , you must be hungry, my stomach pipes up and says.. Head.. You're fibbing, because I still can't feel my stomach.  They try and have that conversation and I find that living by the clock helps a lot.  I stopped bringing in snacks and keeping them on my desk, I was starting to graze just because they were there.  

I have a Ninja and love it.  As for thirsty - I drink all day long - I do find my mouth will get dry, but for the most part I stay pretty hydrated.  As for jitters - get a good book, go for a walk, do something you wouldn't normally do - to take your mind off of what's coming.

We're all here for you, and can't wait to hear about your successes.

Take care.

Kris

You can't take care of them, if you don't take care of you!!
Band 10/2006, removal 10/2010, VSG 02/08/2016

Anita
on 6/3/16 8:07 am

Thanks Kris.....I was having a tough night......barely slept but I think I'm doing a bit better today. Headed out for a pedicure and getting my legs waxed.....heaven forbid I should go into surgery with hairy legs....LOL.

Packed my few things that I'll need Monday......bringing my soft, fuzzy robe (because I get cold easily), slippers, my relaxation cds and player, phone charger and my moisturizer.............if  had to, I could leave it all home except for the last two items...LOL.

I think my Magic Bullet is about to bite the dust so I'm kind of checking out a future purchase....will definitely look at the Ninja.

Once again, the beauty of this board shows through........the shared experience, fears, anxieties and mostly the successes make this community so real and powerful!!!

Chris "Thick-to-Fit" T.
on 6/3/16 8:19 am - FL
VSG on 05/26/16

If you have a loose fitting shirt or pajamas you could bring those, too. I did my walking with a robe half on (because of IV) but once I got a little more flexibility I put on boxers, and cruised the halls with my gown untied lol

There were a few people that put on pajamas and had the nurse unhook the IV (theres a quick disconnect point) so they could put on their tops, and then rehook. That way they were fully clothed and comfy

Blog: www.thickto.fit

YouTube: Click Here!

Instagram: ThickTo.Fit

Heaviest Weight: 345 | SW: 315 | CW: 175 | GW: ~180

Dee R.
on 6/3/16 6:43 am - CA

Hang in there Anita!  You're going to do just fine.  All that you're feeling is totally normal.  As for getting thru the next few day, try going window shopping, take in a movie, binge watch a comedy.  Those are a few of the things I did to take my mind off my surgery.  Good Luck to you!! 

Anita
on 6/3/16 8:09 am

Thank you Dee...........this board is a community of support that is invaluable to all of us........and greatly appreciated. Headed out to get my toes beautified and my legs waxed.......how much fun can one person have in a day???

Dee R.
on 6/3/16 11:11 am - CA

I too have found this board invaluable!  And it continues to keep me going.

Sound like a perfectly planned day! 

Chris "Thick-to-Fit" T.
on 6/3/16 8:12 am - FL
VSG on 05/26/16

Check out Mio Fit, can find at grocery store. Its a water additive you squirt in water. 0 calorie and sugar, no caffeine. The lemon lime flavor (to me) is AWESOME. Its like gatorade flavor, but much thinner. Most importantly, it has electrolytes to keep you hydrated (plain water lacks). Smar****er and other artisinal brands do, but theyre way more expensive

Blog: www.thickto.fit

YouTube: Click Here!

Instagram: ThickTo.Fit

Heaviest Weight: 345 | SW: 315 | CW: 175 | GW: ~180

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 71 views