Buyer's Remorse

Anita
on 6/8/16 4:31 pm

I had my surgery on Monday (6/6) and I'm so glad to see your post.....this is exactly what I'm feeling and all of these responses are helping me. I'm really struggling right now and am trying to keep positive. I have problems coming out of anesthesia and with pain meds (I also had a hiatal hernia repair which has caused me extra pain), so I'm working to get through hour by hour...........this board is my lifeline, so thank you all!!

Good friends are like stars. 
You don't always see them but you always know they're there. 

lisam2003
on 6/9/16 11:11 am - TN

Dec 17, 2003 I had my suregery.....7 days before...CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!     Yes, Yes, Yes I was remorseful that day.  So much of our lives are centered around food. I ate my 3 bites of food and had to sit there and watch everyone eat all the foods I loved...they laughed and talked and all I could think was..."what did I do"?

I had to learn to conversate without food in the mix.  Lunch dates became coffee dates. I learned to focus on quality and not quantity. I would not even enter a buffet. Rather than order a meal my kind husband would share a few bites with me.  

It does get better but believe me you are in mourning and it will happen again.  The weight loss will help.

Lisa

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 0 replies · 5 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 0 replies · 5 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 190 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 277 views