Almost due date for baby & I've fallen off track

Oliviawashere
on 6/8/16 4:19 pm

So I am 38 weeks pregnant! Two more weeks til D Day! So I've fallen pretty hard, up about 20lbs; in the beginning was easy to stay on track, then I got hungry. too hungry. I'm worried I've ruined everything. I want to start getting back on track, like now. I kept blaming it all on being pregnant, now I worry I've stretched my stomach, and have fallen back into my big girl ways of eating. Will it get better? Can I fix this? Am I doomed? I'm truly scared, that I've just lost it all. & on top of that, do I even know how to get back on track? (I got pregnant 9 months post-op)

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 6/8/16 4:40 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

Total confession: my son is 7 months old and I'm STILL trying to get my **** together.

I slipped HARD into some pre-op habits, like grazing and eating carbs. And with a baby in the house, it's very difficult to get exercise like I used to, especially since I'd go out on my bike for several hours at a go. I'm down 22lb, I need to lose about 10 more to be "comfortable," and 10 below that if I want to get to where I maintained before getting pregnant.

It's incredibly discouraging at times. I'm jiggly, I hate my lack of control, and I freak out that I've screwed up beyond all repair.

But I haven't. Some days I do better than others, but I'm still trying. And I still have my sleeve, so as long as I stay away from the carbs and push the fluids, I do OK.

I'm trying to be patient with my body too, since I have hips now and even more loose stomach skin than I did after losing 140lb. It's weird, and it's taking longer than I expected to get used to it.

So no, you're not doomed. It won't necessarily be easy, and that's OK-- taking care of the baby is important, and so is taking care of your mental health. You'll always have your sleeve.

Hang in there! I think the last few weeks of pregnancy were the roughest, I was just ready to be DONE with it all before my water broke at 39 weeks! You can do this :)

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

cappy11448
on 6/9/16 4:33 am

You have a lot going on with your body now.  but its temporary. You'll get back on track after D-day.  Be gentle with yourself. 

I doubt you've stretched your stomach.  I know many people who have gone off track, and when they get back to basics they find that their restriction is still there and working for them.

One thing you could do now is cut carbs. Carbs cause cravings in many of us, and getting the carb monster under control is always my first step in getting back on track.   I think this will be a big help.  Then cut the grazing, and find healthy tasty foods to keep you satisfied. 

congratulations on your pregnancy.  best of luck with all that is ahead of you. 

Carol

Surgery May 1, 2013. Starting Weight 385,  Surgery Weight 333,  Current Weight 160.  At GOAL!

Weight loss Pre-op 1-20 2-17 3-15 Post-op 1-20 2-18 3-15 4-14 5-16 6-11 7-12  8-8

9-11 10-7 11-7 12-7 13-8 14-6 15-3 16-7 17-3  18-3

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 6/9/16 8:09 am
RNY on 08/05/19

In my experience, cutting out grazing is very hard with a newborn. It's very difficult to get even 20 minutes to make something healthy when you've got your hands full, much less 5 minutes. You can definitely keep good options in the fridge-- string cheese, pre-cooked chicken, beef jerky-- but it's not as easy as it would be for someone who doesn't have an infant :)

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Kathy S.
on 6/9/16 9:57 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Wow,  you have so much going on! I will let the new mommy's that had VSG advise you. I just wanted to remind you of something you have lost sight of....

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130