Low energy

Linds9
on 6/8/16 5:21 pm
VSG on 01/19/16

I am almost 5 months post op, down about 60 pounds, not much more to go! But the past two weeks I have had very low energy, not where is affecting things I am doing at work or anything. I just feel like I am exhausted most of the time even with plenty of sleep. I have not heard about my labs I got done about 2 months ago (dr has not called me and long story short I moved/keep forgetting to call/am lazy), planning on calling in the morning. I have been worried about my iron being low so that is something that I am assuming its related to. Has this happened to anyone and what did you do about it? Thanks!

Kelly L.
on 6/8/16 7:01 pm

Yeah, you need your lab results ASAP if you're having a problem with energy.   Are you getting enough protein in?

Linds9
on 6/8/16 7:25 pm
VSG on 01/19/16

Yeah I am drinking a minimum of 60g of protein a day

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 6/8/16 7:29 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

Are you drinking protein only? Or are you eating dense protein (beef, chicken, cheese, etc.)?

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Linds9
on 6/8/16 8:46 pm
VSG on 01/19/16

Yeah I am eating all of that plus my protein shakes. Im not really concerned about the protein portion of it, I do feel I am getting enough. Although I really only do eat protein and not anything else since thats all I can really fit in my stomach.

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 6/8/16 7:31 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

I agree that it's a good idea to get your lab results. Your surgeon may want another set at the 6 month mark as well.

Low iron and B12 can contribute, and adding a supplement for one or both is likely not going to cause any harm. Worst case you could try them for a few weeks and see how you feel.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Linds9
on 6/9/16 6:47 am
VSG on 01/19/16

Just got my results back everything normal, iron actually was a little elevated actually which I guess means that I have iron storage or something. I just moved to Texas, low energy maybe due to the heat and needing more water than my 64 oz which I already struggle with. Thanks for all the replies!

SassyAmy
on 6/10/16 6:17 am
VSG on 08/05/15

Whenever I feel exhausted, I always make sure to try and drink more--that's how my body tells me I'm dehydrated. Since you just moved (exhasting in and of itself) to a hot place, I would up your water intake and see if that helps!

~*All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney*~

Sleeved on August 5th, 2015 |  HW: 292 | SW: 275 | GW: 135