~2 week stall and weekend fun

Chris "Thick-to-Fit" T.
on 6/13/16 7:34 am - FL
VSG on 05/26/16

This weekend was a pretty good one for me. I've been wanting to organize my garage and clean it up, so Saturday I headed to Lowes and bought some organization shelves. I wanted to build them from wood, but figured for the price of metal and lack of effort to complete I'd just go that route.. The boxes were each 98 pounds so definitely got help to put on cart and load up the van... Knocked out the garage and saw the new Ninja Turtle movie and called it a success!

Sunday was pretty low key. Church then a birthday dinner out at Chilis. Then relaxed at home and took pups with wife to the dog park for a bit.

Now, the real meat 'n potatoes... I've been weighing daily and since around the 10th I havent really moved much on the scale. Its been around 278, sometimes dipping to 277.6 and then back to 278, or anywhere in between. My scale has been pretty consistent with if I weigh, get off to let it zero, weigh again it will give me same weight. This Saturday I weighed, and on my reweigh it was a different weight. I kept trying and kept getting different weights! I'd let turn off and tap back on, different weights! I got frustrated and stopped weighing and didnt log..

Today I was 276.6 twice in a row so I called it good and got dressed

I got online quickly last night and searched for info on the 3 week stall and found a lot of posts about a 2 week, as well. That made me way less discouraged. I knew this is a stall because I've been on plan and under 800 calories, with nearly all my protein and water (I'm told 80-100g protein/day).

Was still discouraging me a little, especially since my first week and a half was going so well

Not letting it bother me :) Its like the first scratch on a new car.. It sucks, but you move on and the next ones arent that bad (in this case, stalls). I'll keep doing what I'm supposed to and keep on progressing

Clothes are fitting good. Almost down my 2nd belt notch since surgery. Tried on a pair of jeans the next size down and while they were tight (not too much), they went on :D

Today someone commented on how I look like I've lost a lot of weight at work (No one knows I had surgery)

At church a bunch of people made comments, too, that I look like I'm thinning out

So, all in all a good weekend. Only down side is my one big stitch is pissed off from helping cut the dogs nails :(

Oh, and my incisions are nearly all healed already! Some (most) of my glue has peeled off so can see them :D

Blog: www.thickto.fit

YouTube: Click Here!

Instagram: ThickTo.Fit

Heaviest Weight: 345 | SW: 315 | CW: 175 | GW: ~180

mylastchance
on 6/13/16 9:07 am

Stalls can be such a ***** and so frustrating.  Sounds like you're on the other side of it and back on the losing end.  Getting into smaller jeans is a real motivation, and the compliments always feel great.  I am 6 years out and no one except my husband and 3 adult sons know of my surgery.  People ask how???? I always tell them I have changed what, and how much I eat, drink lots of water and started walking, which is all true.   

I had a regain last year due to losing my brother and daughter in law 5 weeks apart and emotionally ate and now am getting back on track.  I am trying to catch it before I am in deep trouble.  I have lost 8 lbs in 12 days.  Loving that,  but the best part is knowing the restriction is still there .... just needed to regroup and focus on the right choices of foods.

Congratulations on the scale moving and continued good losing...

"I COULD HAVE MISSED THE PAIN BUT I'D OF HAD TO MISS THE DANCE"
             I have missed too many dances in my life now it is time to start living
5' 1"

Chris "Thick-to-Fit" T.
on 6/13/16 11:05 am - FL
VSG on 05/26/16

Thanks for encouragement :)

So sorry to hear of your brother and daughter, much less so close together.. That would be so difficult, cant even imagine..

Blog: www.thickto.fit

YouTube: Click Here!

Instagram: ThickTo.Fit

Heaviest Weight: 345 | SW: 315 | CW: 175 | GW: ~180

mylastchance
on 6/13/16 1:05 pm

Thanks back to you....it was a tough time.  My brother and I were very, very close and it was my daughter-in-law but still extremely difficult, and the hardest part was watching my son (who's military) go through this loss of his wife in the middle of a move from one duty station to another.  I am moving forward and getting back in gear here and working hard to heal mentally and physically.  I am doing good and so is my son and that helps to be able to focus on me again. 

I will be watching your progress and cheering you on from here.  Yayyyy for us!!!

"I COULD HAVE MISSED THE PAIN BUT I'D OF HAD TO MISS THE DANCE"
             I have missed too many dances in my life now it is time to start living
5' 1"

mmsmom
on 6/13/16 1:13 pm - Woburn, MA

If you are tracking and truly staying on program, the weight will come off.  Sometimes the body changes and then the scale catches up - regardless, it will happen.  Also my therapist recommends weighing yourself only weekly during weight loss and daily during maintenance.  If you can do it, it's a good idea and will prevent you from making yourself crazy with the scale.

VSG on 04/28/2014

Kelly L.
on 6/13/16 2:21 pm

I read on here somewhere it's not a stall if you're losing inches, and it sounds like you may have.   It's so hard not to get hung up on the scales, but the belt shows something is working right.   Congrats on that!

kyzze
on 6/13/16 10:24 pm
VSG on 12/29/15 with

Weighing yourself everyday is not a good idea, it will drive you batty. Once a week is probably better. The 2 week stall is real, don't get discouraged though, just keep doing what you are doing. 

Kyzze

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 135 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 393 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 424 views