scale fluctuations

Kelly L.
on 6/15/16 3:01 pm

Does anyone else do this?   I lose a few lbs, get excited about it.   But then I gain it back!!   Now today the lbs are back down again, so I guess it just fluctuates before settling.  This is very weird though, but I have lost enough weight to know now that this is what happens.  I still get nervous however!

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 6/15/16 4:14 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

Have you changed the batteries in your scale lately? My readings tend to get WAY off when the batteries are low!

If you track every single day, you can "zoom out" and look at the proverbial big picture. Despite the hiccups, you'll be going down overall, and that's the goal!

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Kelly L.
on 6/15/16 4:32 pm

Something may be off cuz when i weigh at the drs office I am at my lowest weight.   I'll try changing the batteries too to see if that helps.   Thanks Julie!

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 6/15/16 5:05 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

I lose weight in a stair step pattern. Lose some, gain a little back, then no change for awhile, then lose again, although the gap between me losing again & staying steady is increasing. Overall it goes down, it just gets slower. Slower than I'd like, but then again Rome wasn't built in a day. lol

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

Kelly L.
on 6/15/16 5:21 pm

Thanks for your reply.   That seems to be what I am doing the stair step pattern.   I keep telling myself I didn't gain this weight in a week, it's gonna take longer than a week to lose it all.   I need more patience!  lol

mylastchance
on 6/16/16 10:45 am
  • Patience is so hard to have when we are going through this...we all want instant gratification...I am in your same situation and I have to just keep focus and keep within the basics it will work.  I know I've got to step up my activity and that will help tremendously...that's harder for me than eating right.  I wish you good luck and I'll be rooting for both of us....let's beat this!

"I COULD HAVE MISSED THE PAIN BUT I'D OF HAD TO MISS THE DANCE"
             I have missed too many dances in my life now it is time to start living
5' 1"

FuturePinUp
on 6/16/16 11:25 am

How often are you weighing yourself? These types of fluctuations tend to drive me crazy so I make it a point to only weigh myself once a week, in the same exact conditions. For me, that's every Wednesday morning, after I use the bathroom for the first time of the day. I can go up/down a difference of 5 lbs in a day or two days depending on when I weigh myself and if it's close to that time of the month.

VSG: 06/24/15 // Age: 35 // Height: 5'10" // Lost so far: 190 lbs

HW: 348 (before 2 week pre-op diet) // SW: 326 // CW: 158

TT/Lipo & BL/BA: 07/21/17 with Dr. Reish (NYC) BL/BA Revision: 01/11/18 with Dr. Reish (NYC)

Unconventional Sleever & Low-Carb Lifer

Kelly L.
on 6/16/16 3:51 pm

Hi, thanks for the reply.   I am weighing too often, I was excited about getting back to basics and thought the scale should be showing a consistent difference.   I will try to only way once a wk though and see how that goes.   Thanks!

Karen D.
on 6/21/16 6:13 am - NY
Revision on 11/24/15

Daily weigher here and the fluctuations are driving me batty!  I tend to see a low weight on Saturday by Monday I'm up 5lbs and work all week to get it off.  It is odd because I'm not eating 17,500 extra calories in 2 days.  It's frustrating but I'm trying to make sense of it.  I probably shouldn't weigh every day and let the scales dictate my moods!

Kelly L.
on 6/21/16 2:13 pm

I am ignoring the scales for a while lol

Most Active