5 day MEAT test????

Olive328
on 6/17/16 6:30 pm
VSG on 04/05/16

just saw a post where someone said a member lost 18lbs doing the 5 day meat test to get back on track versus doing the pouch reset, anyone do this or know what it's about?

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 6/17/16 6:43 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

It's re embracing the lifestyle of putting protein first, protein as in dense protein. It's very helpful for those who have gotten off track with a too many carb indulgence, or who have gained some weight back. I have done this myself & it has been very helpful.

Julie created the site, the link is in my signature if you want to check it out. 

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

Spencerella
on 6/17/16 8:08 pm - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
VSG on 10/15/12

Big shout out to Julie for making that damn pouch test disappear!!! 

LINDA                 

Ht: 5'2" |  HW 225, BMI 41.2  |  CW 115, BMI 21.0

frisco
on 6/17/16 9:39 pm

Bottom line.... what ever works is a good thing.

Extremes and fad diets can be helpful if that's what it takes.

Extremes and fad diets are what most of us have a long history of as obese and could be looked at as Yo-Yo dieting

Getting back on track to me means eating correctly.

Here are samples of very satisfying meals that are 200Cals or less that are on point with the way I'm supposed to be eating.

Good clean real food !!!

***I don't eat clean all the time and probably have to gather it back more often than I should, but getting back on track means eating correctly.

Frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

LeapSecond
on 6/18/16 3:48 am - AR

You always have beautiful food pics.

HW=362(6/14) SW=314(9/14) GW=195 CW=270 (1-26-2020)

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 6/18/16 6:50 am
RNY on 08/05/19

The "pouch reset" is a load of crap. Doing several days of liquid doesn't reset anything physically, and it's not a habit that's sustainable in the long term.

As WLS patients, we should be eating lean dense protein first and foremost and skipping carbs. And the "meat test" basically forces you to do that for a week. It's a good way to remind yourself of good habits and step back from carbs.

While you certainly don't need to eat nothing BUT meat forever-- most people definitely add dairy products, some people have the occasional shake or protein bar, and most doctors' plans include a bite or two of veggies-- it's much closer to "normal" than the pouch test.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

H.A.L.A B.
on 6/18/16 7:02 am

It is a great way to "get back to basic" . Meat = deanse proteins... Eating that can make, most of us full after eating 3-5 oz. It is low carb strict to eat that reminds us what restriction feels like and that following dense preteen low carb diet really helps with hunger and full feeling. 

If you do that - drink a lot of water..use enough salt and spices, don't skip on fat (good fat is all natural fat -like butter, bacon, olive oil, coconut oil..etc) make sure you have good BM (i need Miralax when I do really low carb diet)  and have fun with your food. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Mary Gee
on 6/18/16 7:23 am - AZ
VSG on 05/14/14

I'm the one who lost 18 pounds.  I was off track and was struggling to get back on track. I had gone through some very trying events - had been in an abusive relationship which ended with the death of the abuser which caused a lot of emotional problems for me - guilt, relief, depression, happiness, and then a few months later a fire destroyed my home and I lost everything.  I finally recovered and was trying to get back on track, but I was having a difficult time restricting my crabs.  I read about the Five Day Meat Test and decided I needed to do it...I had to eliminate crabs completely.  I stocked my freezer and refrigerator with meats of all kinds, eggs and cheese.  I enjoyed cheese omelets or fried egg and bacon for breakfasts, had egg salad or tuna salad or ham/turkey and cheese roll-ups for lunch.  Dinner would be steak, pork chops, or chicken.  For my sweet tooth I had sugar-free jello with cool whip.  I was very satisfied.  I'm eating basically the same, but I've added some vegetables such a mushrooms,  zucchini or summer squash or peppers and onions, or Cole slaw or a salad, but I eat my meat first, and usually just have a few bites of the vegetables. 

To sum it up, the Five Day Meat Test has helped me to get back on track, and I'm so thankful I learned about it.  The Five Day Pouch Test did not appeal to me - but The Five Day Meat Test did - I'm happy to be back on track.

HW: 380 SW: 324 GW: 175