What to Bring to the Hospital

honeywell
on 7/3/16 5:13 pm

I thought about bringing my MacBook and then I told myself...you're not gonna touch that thing. Get a grip. LOL!

Rothsteh
on 7/3/16 9:30 pm
VSG on 06/27/16

Would have made a great cough pillow ?

(deactivated member)
on 7/3/16 3:43 pm

You seem to have pretty much thought of it all and will probably end up not even using that much. Between sleeping, walking and sipping there isn't much time or energy for anything else. I traveled in a very loose dress. I would not have wanted anything round my waist. I did do some reading so the book was used.

Good luck with your journey.

honeywell
on 7/3/16 5:14 pm

Shoot, I might break out one of my beach "muumuus" and wear that! Not even embarrassed one bit. HAHA!

Thank you love! 

(deactivated member)
on 7/3/16 5:37 pm

Always happy to help when I can. I walked round the recovery house and then  traveled from Mexico to VA in comfort.

SassyAmy
on 7/5/16 10:43 am
VSG on 08/05/15

A beach muumuu will probably be the most comfortable thing to wear to go home, honestly--nothing sitting around your waist, it's flowy so it'll let some air in around your middle, which can help you feel a little better after being cooped up in the hospital!

~*All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney*~

Sleeved on August 5th, 2015 |  HW: 292 | SW: 275 | GW: 135

Donna L.
on 7/3/16 4:39 pm - Chicago, IL
Revision on 02/19/18

Lip balm and lotion were amazing.  I actually didn't feel like wearing a bra; the bottom of the band rests only a few inches over where they've been poking and moving your liver.  I was flagrantly bra-less, lol.

I brought books and an iPad, but I wound up sleeping almost the whole time in the hospital.  I didn't even watch any TV.  Whenever I wasn't sleeping I was walking or sitting outside.

I follow a ketogenic diet post-op. I also have a diagnosis of binge eating disorder. Feel free to ask me about either!

It is not that we have so little time but that we lose so much...the life we receive is not short but we make it so; we are not ill provided but use what we have wastefully. -- Seneca, On the Shortness of Life

honeywell
on 7/3/16 5:16 pm

Luckily for me, I don't go anywhere without lip balm and lotion. Taken care of! Haha! 

I'm going to bring one of my loose, all cotton bras because I get seriously so uncomfortable when I'm not wearing a bra. Ugh. Please let these breasts shrink! 

Bufflehead
on 7/3/16 5:40 pm - TN
VSG on 06/19/13

I'm like you, I need a bra or it's just uncomfortable! The cotton leisure type bra is definitely the way to go. NO UNDERWIRE! If you have one that fastens in front rather than having to be wrestled over your head, go for that one.

I ended up with an incision right on the bra line -- but with a cotton, soft, no underwire bra, I could comfortably wear the bra and not feel any pain on the incision.

right1
on 7/3/16 5:13 pm
VSG on 06/27/16

I had my surgery a week ago.  I also used very little of what I brought.  Didn't put on my own clothes until I was ready to discharge.  I did wear a bra to go home, a nice soft band one that I could wear loose.  No underwire! 

Here's what I did use: lip balm (DH brought it to the recovery room for me- heavenly!), hairbrush, toothbrush & toothpaste, deodorant.  Clothes to go home.  I had sent my sandals home with DH, and almost forgot to get them back to go home.  Didn't care to use my phone, kindle, or the paperback book I brought. 

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 57 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 57 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 230 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 305 views