I'm barely eating ANYTHING!

Cherie K.
on 7/3/16 6:04 pm - Hong Kong

Okay, so I started eating regular food for the past week and I become very uncomfortable very quickly... for example, I ate a hotdog (no bun) at a bbq yesterday.  I took small bites and chewed each bite until it was practically puree before swallowing then when I finished the hotdog, I suddenly felt light headed, stuffed, uncomfortable, burpy.  This has been happening almost every time I eat unless it's yogurt or soup.  That aside, I tracked on fitday the calories/fat/protein that I am eating and I'm not even eating 400 calories per day yet my scale has been going up the past 3 days???  As soon as it went up (just a little bit the first day), I tried to get some extra exercise in that day and I was excited to weigh again the next morning but my weight went up again!  Repeat that day with some extra exercise then weighed myself this morning to see my weight has gone up even more!

Elliot413
on 7/3/16 8:39 pm
VSG on 07/12/16

That's got to be frustrating.  This whole process is about your health (even more than pounds, believe it or not).  Lay off the scale for a few days.  Revert to the pre-op diet that includes one sensible meal, but use a ground protein (if this wasn't your pre-op, then it exists online with simple google search).  You have made an incredible step.  Give it time.  You will reach your goal and more.

Renren
on 7/3/16 9:21 pm
VSG on 12/02/15

If that amount of food is making you feel bad, you might try half as much food twice as often. And remember to stay hydrated. If you don't you might retain water. You gotta flu**** out.

5'2.5" Surgery date/ 12-02-15 Dr.Valentine Boise ID

Highest:289 SW/212 CW 122

Goal/125-130

Goal reached at 10 months

jesuiscrystal
on 7/3/16 9:23 pm - Urbana, IL
VSG on 07/12/16

It sounds like you're eating too few calories. Contact your nutritionist, and please don't weigh yourself daily. 

cappy11448
on 7/3/16 10:57 pm

Hi,

How many weeks post op are you?  I know I couldn't fit a whole hot dog in my tummy until I was maybe 5 or 6 months post op.  Perhaps a hot dog is too much for your tummy to hold.

In terms of weight, you may be in a stall.  Stalls happen.  Don't be discouraged.  Just keep on plan and give it time.

best of luck,

Carol

Surgery May 1, 2013. Starting Weight 385,  Surgery Weight 333,  Current Weight 160.  At GOAL!

Weight loss Pre-op 1-20 2-17 3-15 Post-op 1-20 2-18 3-15 4-14 5-16 6-11 7-12  8-8

9-11 10-7 11-7 12-7 13-8 14-6 15-3 16-7 17-3  18-3

petra65
on 7/4/16 1:10 am - AL
VSG on 06/28/16

Hot dogs are also notoriously high in sodium and will likely make you retain water.  You may want to choose different protein options and a whole hot dog does sound like a lot.

Lisa F.
on 7/4/16 4:11 am
VSG on 06/06/16

I'm a month post-op and there's no way I could eat a whole hot dog. When I moved to soft foods, I quickly realized I'll be getting a good deal of my protein from shakes for awhile, as I'd never be able to get the 60 g by food alone. I'm also still struggling with eating too much and experiencing burps, hiccups and other symptoms. I think knowing how to eat before fullness takes time.

Good luck to you!

VSG DATE 6/6/16 | SW 280 | CW 198 | GW 175 | HEIGHT 5'8 | AGE 55

ORIGINAL GOAL WEIGHT OF 175 MET: 12/6/17 (18 MONTHS POST OP)

NEW GOAL: LOSE 20 LB RE-GAIN

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 7/4/16 4:56 am - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

Starting a new exercise routine sends the body into a whole hold onto every molecule of water mode till it gets used to your new routine & lets it go, add the high salt hot dog & it'll probably hold onto even more water.

Stay off the scale & stay with your new exercise routine, your body will eventually get used to it. You might want to cut back on the high salt foods or at least drink more water when you eat those kinds of foods. The scale will move eventually, take body measurements. You could lose in size but not see it on the scale.

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

SassyAmy
on 7/5/16 10:28 am
VSG on 08/05/15

Stay off the scale. No, seriously, throw it in the closet and forget about it for a bit. If you absolutely must, weight yourself once a week, but no more than than! You're going to drive yourself crazy and make yourself sick but obsessing over the numbers. The weight WILL come off, but right now, your job is to make smart food choices and get your required amounts of protein/liquids in. You may have hit a stall--I had my 3 week stall two weeks early. As soon as I hit it, I got discouraged, but I followed my nutritionist's advice and when I weighed myself a week later, I'd dropped 5 pounds without even noticing or thinking about it.

Don't rush yourself and expect miracles to happen overnight--this whole process takes time.

~*All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney*~

Sleeved on August 5th, 2015 |  HW: 292 | SW: 275 | GW: 135

Grim_Traveller
on 7/5/16 12:11 pm
RNY on 08/21/12

An entire hot dog at less than 2 months out is not what anyone here would describe as "hardly eating anything." It's larger than your sleeve.

Stop cramming food in. You'll hurt yourself, or stretch out your sleeve. You've already been resleeved once. Stop using surgery to control your eating. Using your head is smarter.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.