Daily food thread??

furiosmommy
on 7/11/16 4:16 pm - Phoenix, AZ

Hey cuties,

I've been out of the OH loop for so long. But i'm struggling with regain so i'm diving back in!

Does anyone still post a daily menu thread where everyone posts their menu & exercise for the day?? I saw a fairy active one for RNY'ers, but nothing for VSG. 

Thanks!

~ Nikki ~  Loving my rad new life!
VSG 1/4/2011

Lost 150lbs, gained back 50lbs.

Back on track and hope to

compete as a Powerlifter soon!!

cappy11448
on 7/11/16 5:19 pm

We had one for quite a while, but its fallen off.  I was starting it daily for sometime.  If you post it, people will contribute. 

Its good to have you back on the forum.  Best of luck getting back on track.

Carol

Surgery May 1, 2013. Starting Weight 385,  Surgery Weight 333,  Current Weight 160.  At GOAL!

Weight loss Pre-op 1-20 2-17 3-15 Post-op 1-20 2-18 3-15 4-14 5-16 6-11 7-12  8-8

9-11 10-7 11-7 12-7 13-8 14-6 15-3 16-7 17-3  18-3

Grim_Traveller
on 7/11/16 5:20 pm
RNY on 08/21/12

There is really no difference in diet between the two surgeries, so feel free to use the RNY daily menu post. It's much more active than the one posted irregularly on VSG.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

furiosmommy
on 7/12/16 6:03 am - Phoenix, AZ

Awesome! I think I will!

VSG 1/4/2011

mylastchance
on 7/11/16 6:05 pm

Hey welcome back to this site.  I was MIA myself for a long while and have been back since early May and it has helped tremendously.  Sharing experiences and seeing you are not alone in this game is good to know.  We are still human and we can fall back into our bad habits as easily as before.  I find that grazing is the enemy.  I don't have much capacity but I can certainly slide little bits of forbidden fruits in all day long and then BAM packed on a couple.  Keep on doing that and one morning you wake up and see you are freaking out because you are starting to see the former you in the mirror, the one you thought you left on the floor of the surgery room and it's friggen scary.

Now that I have managed to scare the hell out of the newbies and those who are waiting for surgery,   the lesson is, to be stronger than the temptations.  Stick to the plan,  don't think you are infallible, we are inherent to those dangers.  

Well haven't I just been a beam of sunshine....but now that you have checked back in here,  I believe you will get back on track and do just fine.  Hang in read all you can and go back to basics that were laid out for you.  It will all be good!!

"I COULD HAVE MISSED THE PAIN BUT I'D OF HAD TO MISS THE DANCE"
             I have missed too many dances in my life now it is time to start living
5' 1"

furiosmommy
on 7/12/16 6:05 am - Phoenix, AZ

You are a ray of sunshine!! All great points and something that newbies should take to heart! I had so many vets tell me to track my food and not let carbs back in.... wish I had left!

It doesn't help that I have a baking business....

Thanks for being so welcoming!

VSG 1/4/2011

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 7/11/16 6:20 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

I'd go with the rny thread. It's very lively, they even have challenges, the last one was cheese & meat all week, not sure what the results were from that challenge, plus they have this quote of the day thing. I don't post much over there, but I do like the challenges & the quote of the day thing.

There is an exercise forum if you want to see what they do there, it's a little active.

Also for getting back on track, you might want to check out the link in my signature. Julie created this pretty cool site. I know it has helped me & others on here., & Welcome back! 

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

furiosmommy
on 7/12/16 6:06 am - Phoenix, AZ

Thanks! I'very actually talked with Julie a bit! We're both in AZ and the 5 day meat test sounds SO much more tolerable than the pouch test. 

VSG 1/4/2011

stacyrg
on 7/11/16 10:08 pm
VSG on 05/12/14

The RNY board is awesome. I was the sole VSG interloper for a while and was always welcome. I converted to RNY on 7/1 because of severe GERD and the support I received from my friends on that board meant the world to me. Come on over!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 77 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 288 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 340 views