Surgery in 2 DAYS!!!

honeywell
on 7/12/16 6:29 am

I'm so nervous, guys. Just so nervous. I'm sitting here with tears about to well up in my eyes. Having so many thoughts about why I'm doing this. I KNOW I'm doing it for all the right reasons, but I can't get that through my head right now.

I think the anticipation more than anything is killing me. Not to mention the overwhelming worry. I have no comorbidities. I had a heart cath in preparation for surgery, and it was perfectly normal! No high blood pressure, no diabetes, no nothing. But, I'm still so worried something will happen. Or I will be in so much pain afterwards.

ARGH!!!!! I know everything I'm feeling is perfectly normal, but I just had to vent. 

Chris "Thick-to-Fit" T.
on 7/12/16 6:47 am - FL
VSG on 05/26/16

Vent away! To be nervous prior to surgery is normal. Youre going thru the standard gamut that pretty much every other post op sittin on the losers bench has gone thru. You are not alone :)

Savor the moment, because it will be gone in NO TIME! Then, you'll be on your quick road to recovery and your new life

Blog: www.thickto.fit

YouTube: Click Here!

Instagram: ThickTo.Fit

Heaviest Weight: 345 | SW: 315 | CW: 175 | GW: ~180

honeywell
on 7/12/16 7:16 am

Thank you, Chris. I really appreciate that.

Kudzu
on 7/12/16 7:21 am
VSG on 07/28/16

I'm 2 weeks out from surgery and I'm going through the same thing you are right now. I'm a health care professional and I am totally freaking out; emotions are bouncing off the walls, tearful as well, wondering what the heck I'm doing. I've worked since December '15 to come this far, though, and I just have to keep stepping forth. I wish you the best with yours. Know you are not alone with your anxiety. We will be losers soon. ;)

honeywell
on 7/12/16 7:24 am

I wish you the very best with yours also, love. Thanks for making me feel less crazy. Haha!

roxy_red
on 7/12/16 10:26 am
VSG on 02/08/16

Nerves are totally normal! I was so nervous the couple days before my VSG, and the night before surgery I was all tears and emotions, but surgery went perfect and pain was less than I anticipated. Follow your surgeon's instructions, and if you are hurting, take your pain meds, and remember...every day gets a little better!! My worst day was about 4 days post-op, but I made myself pray and breathe through all the negative emotions that I was dealing with. I am now 5 months post op...90 lbs down from my first surgery consult visit, and I wouldn't change ANY of this! Vent away, bariatric surgery support is so important because the journey is not easy, but its definitely worth it ;-)

petra65
on 7/12/16 5:19 pm - AL
VSG on 06/28/16

All that is very normal.  You will do great!

Consultation Weight: 261. SW: 241. CW: 191  GW: 135

(deactivated member)
on 7/12/16 10:10 pm
VSG on 07/11/16
On July 12, 2016 at 1:29 PM Pacific Time, honeywell wrote:

I'm so nervous, guys. Just so nervous. I'm sitting here with tears about to well up in my eyes. Having so many thoughts about why I'm doing this. I KNOW I'm doing it for all the right reasons, but I can't get that through my head right now.

I think the anticipation more than anything is killing me. Not to mention the overwhelming worry. I have no comorbidities. I had a heart cath in preparation for surgery, and it was perfectly normal! No high blood pressure, no diabetes, no nothing. But, I'm still so worried something will happen. Or I will be in so much pain afterwards.

ARGH!!!!! I know everything I'm feeling is perfectly normal, but I just had to vent. 

had surgery yesterday, I was out of hospital in less than a day, American hospital, and honestly I feel completely normal, no gas no pain, no problem sipping water either. relax some have a very easy go with it, I was told about 25%

Secrets224
on 7/14/16 9:10 am
VSG on 09/27/16

Thinking of you today girl! I know everything will be fine!!! 

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 92 views