Question about healing

randi0516
on 7/17/16 9:55 pm

So I am about a month out from surgery and I am having some pain and tightness around one of my incisions. It feels very hard to the touch. Did I ruin something? I have been trying to take it easy but I forget sometimes not to pick things up. It has been more sore as of late and as it is my family is yelling at me to slow down and rest and to stop moving things.  

Please help!

(deactivated member)
on 7/17/16 11:30 pm

Often times scar tissue can be hard and uncomfortable when it is newly formed. It's not uncommon below an incision to feel a sort of bump that follows the incision. That happens to me and it eventually goes away. 

However, have your surgeon check at your next appointment just to be sure. 

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 7/18/16 8:24 am
RNY on 08/05/19

Is it the incision down by your bellybutton? That one was still bothering me at a month post-op and my surgeon said that it's totally normal. Apparently that's the spot where there's a very complicated suture that goes through several layers of muscle, and it sometimes takes longer to health than the other incisions.

If an incision is hot to the touch and/or oozing, THEN you're in trouble and may have an infection. Time to get to the doctor ASAP if that's the case.

If you're sore, the best bet is to slow down. Make somebody else move things, or wait a few weeks. Our bodies are going through plenty without hurting anything further!

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 44 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 44 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 195 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 281 views