One week post-op

honeywell
on 7/21/16 3:04 pm

I'm confused if I'm eating too much or not enough? Here is what I have eaten today. And keep in mind, these things were over the entire day. From 9 AM until 6 PM.

1 - 11 oz Premier Protein shake

1/2 - 5.3 oz Oikos Triple Zero yogurt 

1 oz - chicken broth

Of course not including water. And, I know I am not getting enough protein in so far. I'm trying, believe me.

Thank you!

Steph Meat Hag
on 7/21/16 3:52 pm - Dallas , TX
VSG on 03/14/16 with

Personal opinion but don't fret about "food" focus on liquids.  Dehydration sets in so fast the first few weeks out.  You have plenty of fat reserves to use for energy.

:-)

Drink & walk, then do it again.  Take your vitamins and PPI.  The protien from shakes, yogurts, soups and so on will come.

Age:40|Height: 5'9"|Lap Band 2/11/08 |Revision VSG 3/14/16

The cake is a lie, but Starbucks is not.

https://fivedaymeattest.com

honeywell
on 7/21/16 4:13 pm

Very good suggestion.

I think I'm concerned because right now I can't tell if I'm hungry, if I'm full, nothing. I don't know if I'm eating for hunger or just because I feel I need to be eating. 

Steph Meat Hag
on 7/21/16 4:59 pm - Dallas , TX
VSG on 03/14/16 with

More than likely you want to eat because your brain says it's time to do so.  If you live with someone they are eating and it probably feels weird not to when they are.  I felt really bad hunger pain about day 4-7.  It was mostly due to stomach acid.  I was taking my PPI, but at times I felt hungry I'd take a tums and drink what I could.  I found warm tea was perfect and settled my stomach down.

Your stomach if like mine is still swollen and even having 2-3oz of soup is a lot.  So just do what feels right.  I promise at 2 weeks your going to feel like a totally different person.  The swelling will be down a lot.  Having 2-3oz of soup or similar will feel right and you'll be having it at normal times.  

Age:40|Height: 5'9"|Lap Band 2/11/08 |Revision VSG 3/14/16

The cake is a lie, but Starbucks is not.

https://fivedaymeattest.com

mylastchance
on 7/21/16 9:53 pm

Yep,  you're good,  keep hydrated first.  I think that's more than I had done at a week out and I'm still here.  Keep on your plan,  keep doing what you are doing.  Protein and all the rest will come in time.  You need time to rest and heal a little more and everyone says sip, sip and sip again.  Walk, sip and repeat. 

Keep going you are doing fine.

"I COULD HAVE MISSED THE PAIN BUT I'D OF HAD TO MISS THE DANCE"
             I have missed too many dances in my life now it is time to start living
5' 1"

petra65
on 7/22/16 4:21 am - AL
VSG on 06/28/16

Did your nutritionist give you a protein goal?  I have a goal of 70 grams/day and try to work with that.  I use an electronic food log that keeps a running total for me so I know how Im doing on protein and water and try to adjust accordingly.  It took me about a week to get a handle on that so it looks like you are right on schedule.  I am finding that now that I am back at worrk, it is actually a little harder because I dont have as much time to "eat" as I did previously and I often come home at the end of the day behind on my goals and try to catch up.  Still trying to work that part out.

Consultation Weight: 261. SW: 241. CW: 191  GW: 135

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 79 views