3 weeks post-op

Lasgesq
on 7/21/16 8:12 pm
VSG on 06/30/16

I lost about a pound a day in the 2 weeks leading up to surgery, and then the first week after surgery I was down over 30 pounds (yeah!). For the past 2 weeks the scale has not moved!! It is making me crazy! I am struggling to do 1-2 protein shakes each day, plus drinking enough water, and trying to incorporate some pureed food (egg whites/applesauce/yogurt, hummus). The nutritionist at doctor's office said it's normal and you need to take in more calories to get your metabolism moving again. But seriously how am I not losing weight?!?!? Should I go back to just drinking the protein shakes? HELP!!!

mylastchance
on 7/21/16 9:47 pm

First order of business.....DON'T FREAK OUT!!!  It's probably the 3 week stall that we all run up against.  Just stick to your plan,  don't force anything extra,  drink your water, protein shakes,  eat what is on your plan...walk...and relax because it will all be good and losing will start happening again. 

Have faith in you,  and keep your head on straight.  Don't compare yourself with anyone else,  and 30 fricken lbs is so great.  When have you ever done that....yeah,  there it is.  Don't expect that all the time,  the weight loss does slow down at times,  we all get crazy and think well is this it....I had 80% of my stomach taken out for this????  Yeah we all think that,  so just take a breath and let this happen.

You're going to do great if you let yourself do this.

"I COULD HAVE MISSED THE PAIN BUT I'D OF HAD TO MISS THE DANCE"
             I have missed too many dances in my life now it is time to start living
5' 1"

TimeToHealRich2016
on 7/22/16 4:43 am - CA
VSG on 07/11/16

First, I am in my second week post-op and this is my perspective.

Don't focus so much on weight...alone...it is NOT the best indicator of what is happening to you!  It will come off in time.

You SHOULD focus on doing the right things per your Dr. and nutritionist and follow their guidance.  What they are telling you seems correct.

Lastly, I am trying to focus as well on my HEALTH and what condition I am in...some exercise, lots of stretching, some aerobics walking, lots of sleep and mental relaxation when I can, and paying it forward to people who can use some help.

Don't obsess over weight!!!

HW: 447 SW: 415 GW: 240 CW: 339 Total WL = 110

WL: Pre-op: -32 M1: -27 M2: -19 M3: -14 M4: -9 M5 & M6: -9 in progress

Monomo
on 7/22/16 11:56 am

You're not alone - We are practically twins in this regard!

I had VSG 6/29. I lost over 20 lbs in the month leading up to surgery. 11 lbs in the week following. And then nothing for 2 weeks! As mentioned, there's an infamous "3 week stall" that seems to have hit us early. There's a lot of reasons thrown out there about why this happens. Whatever it is, it's normal and it WILL pass. It has to! We can't be eating this little and not see it on the scale - eventually. We'll get through it! :)

Lasgesq
on 7/22/16 9:05 pm
VSG on 06/30/16

We are twins! My surgery was 6/29, I lost 20 lbs leading up to surgery and almost 15 the first week. And nothing for almost 2 weeks now!! I would love to hear about what you are eating, if you are able to manage vitamins, any other tips you want to share? I feel like I have such a long way to go and the scale better start moving! ; ) I'm finally getting in more calories- closer to 800 but not quite there yet- it's so unbelievable to not be losing weight more quickly. But I did just learn about this 3-week stall, so I'm hoping that it will pass soon! Please stay in touch- I appreciate the encouragement!! 

Monomo
on 7/25/16 6:39 am

Since I wrote the scale has finally moved! -2 lbs.  Here's hoping the stall is over! I hope yours will be soon, too!

Eating-wise, I've mainly been doing cottage cheese, hummus, refried beans and greek yogurt. 1 protein shake a day. Just a few more days of mushy liquids and I can start incorporating 'soft' chewable food in!

Vitamins: I'm taking 2 multivitamin gummies, iron, chewable biotin, sublingual B12 and a chewable probiotic. I'll start calcium citrate next week. I'm also on synthroid and a PPI for 2 more months.

I tell ya, it's a full time job managing fluids, spacing out pills and getting in a few 'meals' every day!

Can you believe it's been nearly a month since surgery?!

Hope you're doing well!

Renren
on 7/22/16 1:02 pm
VSG on 12/02/15

Anytime I've ever lost a larger amount of weight quickly my body take a pause before I can drop anymore. It's normal. It doesn't upset me much now because I know it just about to lose more.

5'2.5" Surgery date/ 12-02-15 Dr.Valentine Boise ID

Highest:289 SW/212 CW 122

Goal/125-130

Goal reached at 10 months