One month post-op/Suggestions on eats

honeywell
on 8/15/16 11:41 am

I was officially one month post-op yesterday and 27 pounds down!

This week I should start venturing back into regular foods. Any suggestions on what I should start with?

Thanks!!!

SherBear1481
on 8/15/16 1:29 pm
VSG on 06/29/16

Congrats on the WL. I am 6 weeks out and have been eating solids/regular foods for the last 2 weeks. I just submerged myself to see what I could and could not tolerate. I've eaten crab, shrimp, ground turkey, shredded chicken, eggs, different cheeses, etc. I have eaten at restaurants several times due to work meetings and have been able to make good decisions like a hamburger with cheese, no bun... or a grilled chicken salad. 

I've heard some people have an intolerance to chicken but so far I have been fine. I cook mine in the crock pot and/or make sure I eat it with salsa or with sour cream/guacamole, etc. 

My nutritionist also told me I could eat fruits and vegetables, so sometimes I dip zucchini/cucumber in hummus.

The only thing so far that didn't settle well with me was a turkey meatball. I am not sure if I ate it too fast or if it was too dry but I ended up throwing it up and that was a horrible feeling. 

I would love to hear other suggestions as well. I sometimes feel "stuck" on meal ideas.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 95 views