If you're thinking of VSG in Mexico

Jeffshaw
on 8/18/16 9:21 pm

For anyone struggling with weight Sleeve surgery could be the missing tool in your fight.
I struggled for decades on every diet known to mankind and exercise and lost then regained.
There is more going on in your body and mind than most realize that cannot be fixed with diet and exercise alone for the morbidly obese, that's why 95% fail. Also a enlarged Stomach pouch produces a lot of hormones that puts obese people at a higher disadvantage and the "Need to Feed".
There are usually always underlying issues for morbidly obese people and food is the comfort drug of choice, just like any addiction the underlying issues must first be addressed.
Once you have a better understanding of why you go to food then you are ready for the next step.
Will Power will not help you long term and by removing 85% of the Stomach you are also removing 85% of the need to depend on Will Power.
Gastric Sleeve Surgery provides this powerful tool that will help make your life fullfilling and exciting and FOOD will no longer be front and foremost of your daily thoughts.
I personally am new to this procedure but the results have been amazing thus far and my life is so much better because Food does not have the effect on me it once did. My brain chemistry has changed and cravings are completely gone.
I listen to people talk and tease about cheeseburgers etc and it does not phase me one bit, unlike pre op where I would have gorged upon that kind of talk.
But to reiterate, you must learn how to make better food choices for this to be successful.
If you have made healthy choices and learned to live without refined carbs and fatty food then surgery will complete your transformation.
As you begin your final steps to success you will also realize that unintentionally you have made decisions about relationships with people that may have been an impediment to your weight loss attempts and no longer reach out to them or wish to hang out with them in certain social gatherings.
They claim suicide rates are higher for people that go through bariatric surgery too. I am not a professional but my thoughts on that is the loss of a good friend in food that helped you through all your emotional stresses pre op has gone away.
This is another important reason to address underlying issues FIRST.
Here are my recommendations in order.
1 Family Doctor about your decision and for referrals for
2 Consultations with professionals to help deal with underlying emotional issues
3 Nutrionist
4 Bariatric Surgeon

If you have finally reached the point that you are mentally ready for Surgery and prepared for post op diet and mood swings in the first few months, it's time to go for it.
If you are in a situation as I was in Canada and have been in a bariatric programs for months and not gotten approval for surgery yet and even when approved may have to wait a year to get on an operating table Consider Mexico as I did.

I was fortunate to have known someone that went through the process a few years earlier and got the information. I should have done it then but in my fat head I believed I could slay this food dragon. Well I'm here to tell you the Dragon won, so I licked my battle scars and went through the processes mentioned above and went to MBC ( Mexicali Bariatric Center ).
I requested surgery with them via email, they sent me medical request forms to fill out, I did so and took them to my GP for review and sent them back via email.
I was given a date and pre op dietary instructions and began to feel that my life was about to change, it was very exciting.
From the time I first communicated with MBC and throughout the entire pre/post op it was a very pleasant and professional experience.
I'm sure like me having heard nightmare stories about going to a foreign land for surgery but I am here to tell you don't believe everything you hear. That is no substitute for research of your own.
So as to not write a book on this, picking the right surgeon and support team is essential to your final success in your journey to new health.
I as many others are here to tell you Dr. Wilhelmy and his Team are World Class; you will not find a better surgeon FULLSTOP!!
You will meet his entire team pre op personally and they will explain everything to you so there is no anxiety about the procedure, they are compassionate and caring people and you will be treated with absolute respect.
This is a life saving event and they know it too, Dr. Wilhelmy was in the same boat, who better to trust and understands your situation better than a surgeon that went through the same process himself.

suecampbell
on 8/23/16 5:41 am
VSG on 07/01/16

My journey is so similar to yours.  I too am Canadian (Saskatchewan!) and went to Mexico for surgery.  My GP was totally on board, everyone was co-operative across borders, and I could not be happier with my choice.  I love our socialized medicare in Canada, but the downside of it is that you will not get surgery if your province deems that you do not "need" it.  I was not morbidly obese (obese yes, morbidly obese no) and so did not qualify for surgery.  I saved my pennies (no, wait, we don't have those any more, ha ha!) and spent the money and off to Mexico I went.  Best decision I ever made for myself.  I wish you great joy and success, thanks for sharing your story!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 82 views