Any other Booch makers or maybe just a Kombucha fan and drink it kind of regularly?

rachelp
on 8/25/16 11:47 am
VSG on 08/01/16

I would like a baby scoby! 

happyteacher
on 8/25/16 11:56 am

Any chance you are in the Metro Detroit area?

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

rachelp
on 8/25/16 12:04 pm
VSG on 08/01/16

No, unfortunately I'm not 

happyteacher
on 8/25/16 12:16 pm

I don't mind shipping. I will need a hot second though to read up on it to ensure everything is done correctly. PM a shipping address. You can cover shipping once it arrives if that works for you. 

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

happyteacher
on 8/25/16 11:42 am

Here is a reliable set of directions on how to brew. Bottling is a different phase- but basically is just straining, putting it in a clean bottle, adding flavor, cap and check after a day or two. The fermenting process at this point will carbonate it 

Here is a how to guide:

https://www.kombuchakamp.com/kombucha-recipe

happyteacher
on 8/25/16 11:55 am

Oh, and could you let me know about the keytone thing? I for sure would love to find a non-medicinal option. I am Ok if I am not able to fully resolve symptoms, I just need to make sure I can be productive at work. Outside of work, I never take anything.

Keith L.
on 8/25/16 8:13 pm - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12

You can experiment with the ketones with the product I mentioned or what I do is drink what is called bulletproof coffee. You can drink this in the morning and afternoon. I only drink it in the morning because I am a slow caffein metabolizer so I will be up all night if drink it in the afternoon. This will give you a tone of energy and your brain will be firing on all 8 cylinders.

This is simple and does not sound like it would taste good, but I can assure you I like it better than coffee with cream. 

2 cups of coffee (I used dunkin donuts cups in my Keurig)

1 tbsp of unsalted (salted works too) grass fed butter (Kerrygold is readily available in most grocery stores).

1 tbsp of MCT oil (organic unrefined coconut oil works well too, but use 2 tbsp) MCT (medium chain triglycerides) oil converts to ketones more quickly. You can get MCT oil at GNC/Vitaminshop/Amazon - the NOW brand is a good deal. BulletProof Executive has a highly refined version called Brain Octane that is interesting but pricey.

You can sweeten it however you want, I use 2 packets of Stevia in the raw and sometimes I will add a tbsp of sugar free caramel torani or target syrup.

Here's the hitch, its best if you blend this all together in a blender for about a minute (pro-tip: pulse it a couple times to get it moving or it will blow out the top and its hot!). You can use a blender bottle and it works pretty well too.

I also sometimes add about half a tsp of saigon cinnamon and/or cocoa powder. I have also added RTD protein shake (vanilla with the cinnamon is great). But on a ketogenic diet too much protein can be converted to glucose, so I have stopped this. 

My ability to make decisions, concentrate, and focus is amazing from about 10 am until 1 and after that I am still better than normal. 

I have also heard of people doing this with tea which in the afternoon can be good because caffeine from tea interacts with theobromine or theophylline (i can't remember which) to buffer the caffeine and lengthen and soften the effect.

VSG: 9/28/2012 - Dr. Sergio Verboonen  My Food/Recipe Blog - MyBigFatFoodie.com

?My Fitness Pal Profile ?View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

happyteacher
on 8/26/16 6:26 am

After losing the gallbladder no way could I stomach the oil/fat in the coffee. I will look into this, thanks for the info!

Keith L.
on 8/26/16 7:28 am - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12

Look into Medium Chain Triglycerides and gall bladder. I have never seen anything, but I do not think the MCT oil would pose a problem because MCTs are processed higher up in the digestive tract that Long Chain Triglycerides (traditional fats). That being said, I do not know at what point in the digestive process the bile from the gall bladder is necessary to break down fats. I suspect MCTs would not cause an issue but I am not a doctor or an RD so I really do not know for certain.

That being said, take a look at the product called Keto Cana (you can get it on amazon, but do some research). These are exogenous ketones and not oil or fat, its a powder you mix with water and drink. These are straight up ketones so would not cause the same issues the butter and MCT oil would cause.

VSG: 9/28/2012 - Dr. Sergio Verboonen  My Food/Recipe Blog - MyBigFatFoodie.com

?My Fitness Pal Profile ?View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

Donna L.
on 8/25/16 2:58 pm - Chicago, IL
Revision on 02/19/18

I love it!  I'm actually gonna make my own this winter.  My IP has me on a hippie food kick, heh.  It's REALLY easy to make though for sure.  I am worried about the sugar, but I bet most ferments off.  I want to do a ginger kombucha, but I'll do it plain at first.

I follow a ketogenic diet post-op. I also have a diagnosis of binge eating disorder. Feel free to ask me about either!

It is not that we have so little time but that we lose so much...the life we receive is not short but we make it so; we are not ill provided but use what we have wastefully. -- Seneca, On the Shortness of Life

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 0 replies · 18 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 0 replies · 18 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 192 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 278 views