My success so far!

Shanae1
on 9/16/16 9:16 am - Marana, AZ
VSG on 03/21/14

Hi everyone! I had the sleeve a little over two years ago and it has COMPLETELY changed my life! I am so active now, and have such a better life! If you are on the fence about having this surgery, I can tell you it is SOOO worth it! I am down 144lbs, with 30 more to go! I crossfit 5 days a week and have an entirely new perspective on life! I am now working on getting plastics done and am so excited. I started at 385 and am now down to 240. I want to lose 30 more pounds by November 17th, when I have my lower body lift scheduled! I am having my plastics in Mexico with Dr. Carmina Cardenas. I am giving blogging a whirl now, and just created my own blogging site! To keep track of my progress, and to also give other people inspiration! If you'd like to read and follow my new site the link is http://sgweightlossstory.wixsite.com/journey

Good luck and good job to each and every one of you! Obesity is HARD, and whether you are a veteran, or only just looking into surgery, you're taking a step in the right direction and you're awesome for that!

Surgery on 3/21/2014 with Dr. Ramos Kelly.   HW:385 SW:358 CW: 240

Joshua H.
on 9/16/16 10:05 am
VSG on 10/26/16

You look great.  Have fun stomping out those last pounds you are after.

I've looked at Xfit a lot and really wanna try at some point down the road, when I won't, y'know...die, trying...

Shanae1
on 9/16/16 10:09 am - Marana, AZ
VSG on 03/21/14

Thank you, Joshua! Definitely try crossfit! It seems completely crazy and insane and I was totally scared to death when I walked in the door that first day. But honestly, people of all fitness levels can do crossfit! You just scale everything down and work up as you go! You could do it now! Don't be afraid, it is amazing and the community atmosphere there is truly incredible. You will surprise yourself every single time you go! Good luck and if you have anymore questions don't hesitate to ask :)

Surgery on 3/21/2014 with Dr. Ramos Kelly.   HW:385 SW:358 CW: 240

Joshua H.
on 9/16/16 10:27 am
VSG on 10/26/16

Yeah, my friend was trying to convert me and mentioned the scaling aspect of crossfit.  However, as I'm currently rolling on a knee with a torn meniscus, I'm not sure if scaling down to "rolling around on the ground crying" is an appropriate level for crossfit :)

We know someone with a crossfit....box? (is that what they are called) and I went to look at it once (prior to my knee fun and prior to them moving and selling their location here.

Tempestt
on 9/16/16 12:01 pm
VSG on 09/07/16

Great work!

TiffanyNicolle
on 9/16/16 4:29 pm - Colorado Springs, CO
VSG on 02/28/13

CONGRATULATIONS!  You are such an inspiration. I wish I could find the motivation and energy to do crossfit 5 days a week!

Do you mind if I ask what your hair secrets are? In your newer photos, your hair is so long and healthy looking. I had VSG 2/28/13 and my hair is just now semi normal looking. sigh 

Cant wait to follow you on your plastics journey. I would love to have a "Mommy Makeover" in the next 2 years.

Hugs from Colorado

VSG on  02/28/2013

Pre-surgery- 300 lbs.   ...  1 year out- 204 lbs. ...

3 years out- 228 lbs.  ...    4 years out- ONEderland...

jrog22
on 9/18/16 4:50 pm
VSG on 08/20/16

Thank you for sharing your story.  I'm  a week out from surgery and it is so exciting to read stories like yours.

Keep up the awesome work!

Jeremy

HW 450, CW 358 (November 26, 2016) Surgery Date 9/26/2016

NANNY13
on 9/18/16 7:40 pm
WLS on 12/21/15

Please let me know how that goes! I want my arms and bust done!

Davidda49fan
on 10/1/16 11:27 am - CA

Great job!  I just had my surgerversery and I can relate to a lot of what your saying about energy and a new life style. I am also thinking about having surgery with Dr. Vardenas, so I can't wait to hear all about your experience.

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 57 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 57 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 230 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 305 views