Protein Poll

Sammy2929
on 9/22/16 2:36 pm
VSG on 05/02/16
*my carbs range between 25-35 a day.

Lynn D

Age:52, Height 5'4", HW 299, SW 282.6, Current weight as of 02/22/17 159 lbs.

M1 30, M2 25, M3 30,  M4-9 M5 ? M-6,7,8 25lbs, M 9 1/2 ?

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 9/22/16 2:51 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

Go you!!

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

psychoticparrot
on 9/22/16 8:29 pm

At 1 year and 8 months post-op, I'm less than 20 pounds from goal. I eat 40-45g of protein daily, supplemented with non-starchy vegetables and a few pieces of fruit. My daily intake hovers around 700 calories. My surgeon and nutritionist both have approved this diet.

My protein consists of some red meat, but mostly chicken, fish, eggs, tofu, and beans. I never supplement with protein shakes -- they taste sickening to me and I don't like that they're high processed and have stuff in them that should never encounter the insides of a healthy person. Same goes for artificial sweeteners, processed meats, and junk carbs of every kind.

I keep my meals as simple as possible -- steamed, sauteed and baked protein with a small side of plain vegetables. My 2 snacks for the day usually consist of fruit. If I have a few calories to spare, I'll eat a few nuts. I avoid dairy products because their high-calorie to low-nutrient ratio makes them not worth including in my diet. And low-fat dairy is like eating cardboard -- not worth it. I'll sprinkle a tablespoon of real cheese on something occasionally to flavor it, but not often and not too much.

psychoticparrot

"Live for what today has to offer, not for what yesterday has taken away."

Most Active