sleeve to rny why is this happening to me?

asapgerard1984
on 10/4/16 1:13 pm

Ive been to so many different doctors all of them say the same thing my sleeve wasnt done correct.  Im having a mortilitalty test and ph test to see if my asophagus is spaseming.  Doctor said that will determine what he will do.  I also have a hiatal hernia but he said he doesnt think the acid is froIm that. i have my last skin removal procedure in 3 weeks doing my thigh lift and revising my chest lift.  Im so worried about the bypass I dont know what to do heres my sleeve guys help please  

Anita
on 10/4/16 1:25 pm

I don't know what I'm looking at, but certainly wish you well.

Who did your original surgery? If the doctor did it badly, perhaps we should know.

Get well soon.

Good friends are like stars. 
You don't always see them but you always know they're there. 

asapgerard1984
on 10/5/16 7:30 am

dr perkash pergai out of west orange nj...ur stomach is supos to look like a banna mine is like an empinada

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 10/5/16 2:29 pm - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

It kind of looks like a taco to me.  

Hope everything works out okay.

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

califsleevin
on 10/4/16 2:29 pm - CA

It certainly doesn't look normal, but I'm no expert at reading such things. 

One of the problems with the rapid increase in popularity of the sleeve is that demand has outstripped the experience of the bariatric profession. Ideally, we would like to see a surgeon have several hundred of a specific procedure under their belt, but they have to get that experience somewhere. Consequently, we do sometimes see shaping problems of varying degrees as they get their technique down. Accompanying this problem is that most bariatric surgeons don't quite know what to do about these problems as they are beyond their experience, so they tend to quickly recommend revising to an RNY not because it is a better procedure, or better suited to the patient (it may or may not be, depending....) but because that is what is within their comfort zone.

How do we get around this problem? The best way that I know of is to look for Duodenal Switch surgeons, not because you necessarily want a DS, but because the DS uses the sleeve as its basis, so these guys tend to have the most experience doing them. (DSFacts.com has a very incomplete listing of such surgeons, though it is a fairly small community in any case.)

Implicitly, you are in Jersey, is that right? If so, either Drs. David Greenbaum in Moorestown or Mitchell Roslin in NYC would be good ones to check with as both are well regarded for handling some of the most complex revisions (such as failed RNYs to DS) so if anyone can straighten out your sleeve and get it working correctly, it would be one of the guys like these. And, if they tell you that the RNY is the way to go, that is a pretty solid recommendation - they don't recommend them often, but will do so when it is the right thing for the patient.

Good luck in getting this thing figured out,

1st support group/seminar - 8/03 (has it been that long?)  

Wife's DS - 5/05 w Dr. Robert Rabkin   VSG on 5/9/11 by Dr. John Rabkin

asapgerard1984
on 10/5/16 7:26 am

i see dr greembaum in november as my second opinion

Valerie G.
on 10/5/16 8:50 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

Greenbaum has a good rep and can definitely determine if your sleeve can be repaired.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

happyteacher
on 10/4/16 4:46 pm

Get a second opinion. I have now had two hiatel hernias and in both instances it was the root cause of my acid issues. If the only purpose of the rny is to relieve the acid, there is another alternative in some cases. My doc went in a couple of years after my sleeve and did a second repair on the hiatel hernia. He did mention that if it happens again I would have to revise to rny due to not having enough left to work with. During that surgery he also said just before I went in that he would reshape the sleeve... the upper gi showed it was not a normal shape. Turned out that once he took care of the hiatel hernia, the sleeve resumed its normal shape and was not stretched out. 

Get a second opinion. 

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 10/5/16 7:28 am
RNY on 08/05/19

This image has your name, birthday, and hospital. That's a LOT of personally-identifying information to be displaying to strangers on the Internet.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Donna L.
on 10/5/16 12:36 pm - Chicago, IL
Revision on 02/19/18

I was about to post this.  You need to black out your information.  It's very easy to get other info with your name and birth date.

I follow a ketogenic diet post-op. I also have a diagnosis of binge eating disorder. Feel free to ask me about either!

It is not that we have so little time but that we lose so much...the life we receive is not short but we make it so; we are not ill provided but use what we have wastefully. -- Seneca, On the Shortness of Life

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 90 views