Sleeved yesterdaY

simpleton13
on 10/14/16 6:38 pm
VSG on 10/26/16

i had my sleeve yesterday morning.  I feel very sore and bloated!!Today I was able to have water/tea/broth/jello/popcicle a with no problems... is that normal?!  Also, I feel hungry!!!  Is this normal?!?!

NYMom222
on 10/14/16 8:11 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

Congratulations! Be happy if you were able to have all those things with no problem. That is great. Just realize it may not be that way for all the food stages you go through, so follow directions with each one...and don't rush things.

"normal' is a funny word.... Many people feel no hunger but it doesn't mean everybody is that way. My niece had WLS sugery and told me ahead of time "you'll never feel hungry again" Well that hasn't been true... Hunger at this point can be head hunger- you are used to eating... and it can be acid production...which mimics hunger. Do they have you on a PPI/acid medicine?

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

missc_26
on 10/14/16 9:01 pm
VSG on 10/03/16

Congratulations on making it thru the surgery and starting the journey to better health 

I am recently VSG and found for the first week I was bloated and achey. Coming out of anasthetic is a big deal let alone the surgery. My best advice is to get walking as soon as possible and keep at it to help move the gas around and out, this should help with the bloated feeling I hope. You'll be a gas machine for a while just go with it.

Be gentle with yourself and stick exactly to the instructions they give you post surgery.  Personally befote surgery I struggled to tell if I was hungry or even when I was satisfied (I would eat until I felt uncomfortable /sick) so trying to figure out if you are hungry now or not is a bit of head games. Getting on to a PPI asap is important.

I bought myself a cheap digital watch with a timer and have used it religiously to time when I should stop drinking (or I should say sipping) 30 mins before trying to eat any pureed food, timing the 30 mins to try eat (I would average a small teaspoon every 5 or so minutes), and the 30 min rest period after eating. This has been invaluable too.

Wishing you all the best!

dimpleslya79
on 10/15/16 7:10 am
VSG on 08/09/16

Congrats on the surgery and welcome to the Losers Bench!  I am glad that you are able to keep things down.  That first day after surgery I couldn't keep anything down so I had to stay an extra day.  However, since then I haven't had any other problems thankfully.

WL: Pre-op: -14.2 M1: -19.2 M2:-16.6 M3: -15 M4: -12.8 M5: -12.6

M6: -11.2 M7: -6.8 M8: -5.8 Total: 114.2 lbs

Most Active