VSG Surgeons in/around Arkansas

TiredOfBeingFat82
on 10/31/16 1:18 pm
VSG on 03/30/17

Has anyone here been sleeved in Arkansas or surrounding states?  I have AR BC/BS and I would love to go to Mexico but other factor prohibit me from going anytime in the near future.  I have only had friends use a Doctor in Mexico and they have all had phenomenal experiences...so I struggle with trusting just anyone.  I would love any and all feedback about doctors in the US.   Thank you so much!

TiredOfBeingFat82
on 11/4/16 4:42 am
VSG on 03/30/17

Good afternoon Ladies!  Just wanted to update, I found a bariatric surgeon just 30 minutes from me that a few people I know has used.  I have completed his online seminar and made 100% on each of the quizzes, I am scheduled to attend his live seminar on Nov 14th, I've filled out all paperwork for his office, I've gotten the letter of recommendation written by my PCP and I just completed my psychiatric evaluation about an hour ago...he said that he has absolutely no problem, whatsoever, with writing me a letter of approval.  The surgeon's office should have that the 1st of next week and then they can submit all of that to my insurance company for approval.  Then it is a waiting game for the following 7-10 days. lol   I have done everything to get this ball rolling...I just hope I get that big approval letter in the mail within the next couple of weeks :)

Kathy S.
on 10/31/16 1:30 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Is your insurance a Medicaid state program?  If so, I have made calls for other members in AR and finally found a facility that takes your insurance. It's Baptist Health in Little Rock. I spoke to a Roselyn and she said they do take Medicaid. The next step is you have to attend the free seminar and they can do your paperwork there and get the ball rolling. Here is the link to the site:

https://www.baptist-health.com/content/bariatricsweight-mana gement

Give them a call at 1-888-227-8478 and hit option 1. Let them know you want to schedule an appointment to attend the free seminar for Bariatric surgery.

Let me know if this works out for you 

Regards,

Kathy

ObesityHelp.com

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

TiredOfBeingFat82
on 10/31/16 1:37 pm
VSG on 03/30/17

Hi Kathy,

Thank you for your reply, my insurance is not Medicaid.  It is Blue Cross/ Blue Shield of Arkansas...it's PPO.  Do you recommend a specific doctor for the procedure? 

TiredOfBeingFat82
on 11/1/16 9:15 am
VSG on 03/30/17

My cousin's wife actually used Dr. Fuller in Little Rock...he is on the list of physicians from the link you provided.  I thought she had Gastric Bypass though, but she had VSG.  So that makes me feel so much better. I have set up to go to a seminar on December 2nd for him.  We'll see :)

Kathy S.
on 11/1/16 9:28 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

That is GREAT    Keep me posted how it goes!  

Here are some links on the VSG you are interested in.

14 Things You Should Know About the VSG

Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy (VSG) - Also known as Sleeve ...

FAQ VSG

(deactivated member)
on 10/31/16 1:42 pm - CA

There are several surgeons in Arkansas that Kathy can help you to get more info on.    I had surgery in 2001 with Dr. Rex Luttrell.  He did RNY then, but now does the VSG.  I liked him very much.  Wonderful bedside manner and a caring surgeon.  He has a more structured program in place now.  

Best of luck! 

TiredOfBeingFat82
on 10/31/16 1:58 pm
VSG on 03/30/17

Thank you so much, Nik_H.   I will look Dr. Luttrell up.   I'm just so paranoid that everything won't go as I expect since I won't be using the same doctor that everyone else I know has.  I know that is silly but this is a big deal and I want to make sure that I am making the perfect decision for myself. :)

Kathy S.
on 10/31/16 2:46 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Hi 

Here is some information on Dr. Luttrell....

http://www.obesityhelp.com/profiles/bariatric-surgeon/dr-rex -luttrell/

Luttrell Surgical Associates:

Luttrell Rex E MD

Address: 1300 Braden St # B, Jacksonville, AR 72076
Phone:(501) 978-4343

http://www.luttrellsurgical.com/

If you are interested in this surgeon the next steps is to attend a free seminar and go from there. If you would like for me to call and find out the times let me know.

Regards,

Kathy

(deactivated member)
on 10/31/16 2:54 pm - CA

Completely understandable!  Review his website and his reviews on the link Kathy gave you.   And, ask questions.  Attend a seminar first, so you can see if he and his program are a right fit for YOU!   

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 114 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 340 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 388 views