Bubble Surprise! Help!

DakotaCJ
on 11/12/16 12:35 pm

I have about 2 suitcase full of sparkling Lacroix and Dasani. I love them especially the pineapple. So I thought I was smart. In that we can't have carbonation I opened about 6 cans and left in fridge for 2 days. I thought they would be flat by the time I poured myself a water. Well who knew? Still carbonated after being open for 48 hours. I only took one swig. Will this hurt my sleeve?

Can  you flatten LaCroix?

Rachel B.
on 11/12/16 12:58 pm - Tucson, AZ
VSG on 08/11/08 with

I buy the ice flavored waters.  I leave them open til they flatten.  It may take longer for them to flatten out.  Bubbles won't hurt your tummy, but they will be uncomfortable for a few years.

"...This one a long time have I watched. All his life has he looked away, to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was. What he was doing..."

Rachel, PMHNP-BC

HW-271 SW-260 LW(2009)-144 ~ Retread: HW-241 CW-190 GW-150

DakotaCJ
on 11/12/16 1:12 pm

Thank you Kherpera. I loved ICE. That is a good idea. The bubbles haven;t caused me any issues (yet) but I stopped/freaked out after one swig.

AK_Gipson
on 11/12/16 1:39 pm
VSG on 04/14/14

2 1/2 years and it still hurts me. I took a sip of daughters Sprite and got sooo sick. 

HW:292 / SW:258 / CW 173.9

White Dove
on 11/12/16 1:09 pm - Warren, OH

I never had a problem drinking carbonated beverages.  I don't let them go flat and they do not bother me.  The only way to find out if they hurt you is to drink one.  Some people say they find carbonated drinks painful, others do not.  They will not hurt or stretch your sleeve.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

DakotaCJ
on 11/12/16 1:14 pm

Thanks for your feedback White Dove. You always are so insightful and I super trust your POV. The bubble didn't hurt me (yet) but I freaked out after one sip so who knows? You'd think I did a Tequila shot!

I am 32 pounds down 30 days after surgery I don't want to blow anything. Wishing you a wonderful weekend.

psychoticparrot
on 11/12/16 1:19 pm

I seldom drink carbonated beverages any more, but when I do have the occasional diet Coke or gin and tonic, I follow this gas-eliminating process: Take a sip. Wait a moment. Burp. Repeat.

This process is a bit difficult to do when dining in polite society, but a discreet, noiseless burp behind a napkin can be achieved with lots of practice and perseverance. 

psychoticparrot

"Live for what today has to offer, not for what yesterday has taken away."

DakotaCJ
on 11/12/16 2:56 pm

OK Psychoticparrot your post is wonderful. Love it.

fernypants
on 11/12/16 3:07 pm - MD

I can't drink out of a can or bottle, even ten years out. Put it in a glass, let it sit for a bit, then sip. It looks way classier anyways! Cheers! 

Cristie Ferny Pants 343/205/170
DakotaCJ
on 11/12/16 4:15 pm

I am classy with a K... KLASSY. ;)

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 79 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 291 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 343 views