New Pain!

lorylight
on 11/16/16 6:21 pm
VSG on 11/07/16

Having pain in my lower right side midway of my abdomen it started yesterday eased up today and start again this evening. I'm not sure if it's surgery related or not. I'm a week and a half post op. Has anyone had this pain after VSG surgery? It's a burning and hurting sensation.

HW 299, SW 276.4

missc_26
on 11/16/16 8:27 pm
VSG on 10/03/16

Hi there

It coild just be healing with the nerves refiring after surgery but I would contact your surgeon to be sure. I did get a stabbing pain a few weeks out when I accidentally threw a ball for my dog (and it wasn't even that hard). It was there on and off for a week and then I ended up getting a wound infection. Not fun.

Were they related? Don't know, probably not. But absolutely the best thing you can do is contact your surgeon, keep them updated, and ensure you put yourself first. Good luck and hope you have a smooth recovery.

C

Donna L.
on 11/16/16 8:48 pm - Chicago, IL
Revision on 02/19/18

Always call the surgeon first for weird pain.  That is why we pay them so much, heh.  Having had four abdominal surgeries though, weird pain can be normal - it sometimes is not.  The surgeon will know for sure because they will remember what they did in the area.  Just because we have a scar somewhere does not mean that is the only place they cut/used items, especially during a laparoscopy.  There may be sutures there and you would never know.

I follow a ketogenic diet post-op. I also have a diagnosis of binge eating disorder. Feel free to ask me about either!

It is not that we have so little time but that we lose so much...the life we receive is not short but we make it so; we are not ill provided but use what we have wastefully. -- Seneca, On the Shortness of Life

Anita
on 11/16/16 9:08 pm

Call your doctor....it could be nothing or it could be leftover something from your surgery healing.....get some peace of mind and your body will follow. There's no point in worrying when there is a solution no further than the other end of your phone conversation.

Good luck....I hope you feel better very soon.

Good friends are like stars. 
You don't always see them but you always know they're there. 

Gwen M.
on 11/17/16 7:09 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Call your surgeon.  

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 69 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 255 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 321 views