1st Thanksgiving after VSG

jrog22
on 11/24/16 5:36 pm
VSG on 08/20/16

So today was my first big test after being sleeved on 9/26/16.  I feel like I did very well.  Had an egg with whole wheat toast for breakfast, 2oz of freshly cooked turkey breast and a tiny amount of salad for lunch, plus 3oz of turkey and 1 cup of broccoli for dinner.  

For the 1st time in my life the sweets did not tempt me.  In the past I would eat tons of mashed potatoes, Mac and cheese, desserts, drink full sugar sodas, a few beers, etc.  Feeling very thankful to have been sleeved.

J

HW 450, CW 358 (November 26, 2016) Surgery Date 9/26/2016

Karen D.
on 11/24/16 6:18 pm - NY
Revision on 11/24/15

I just realized today is my 1 year anniversary from VSG!  I was in the hospital last Thanksgiving.  Congrats on doing so well.  I did great myself.  Feels good to leave the table not being sick to my stomach from too much food!

psychoticparrot
on 11/25/16 5:56 am

Now that's the way a sleever's Thanksgiving should be! Way to go! My second post-op Thanksgiving was very much like yours, just substitute green beans for the broccoli, and add 3 ounces of pre-dinner wine. No sweets either. I felt comfortably full. 

It's kind of an ironic and amusing image for me: All of us sleevers sitting around our respective Thanksgiving tables being thankful we can't eat more than a tiny portion of the feast spread before us. I, too, am very thankful to my sleeve for that.

Good start to the holiday season, J. 

psychoticparrot

"Live for what today has to offer, not for what yesterday has taken away."

Emac4018
on 11/26/16 4:42 pm
VSG on 11/18/16

Way to go everybody!!!. it is Definitely something to be thankful for . This was my first Thanksgiving also after being sleeved in 11/18/16. Being just 6 days post op, I must say I did feel like a bit of a dweeb with my tiny bowl of tomato soup I brought, while everybody else piled up their plated lol, but on the bright side I have not been  even the slightest bit hungry, so iIhad that going for me. I imagine Christmas Dinner with the family will be easier though . Happy Holidays from Maine everyone.

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 0 replies · 19 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 0 replies · 19 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 194 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 279 views