3 weeks post op. Dull ache/pain near biggest incision?

TennesseeGirl81
on 12/7/16 7:28 pm
VSG on 11/16/16

Gosh that sounds awful. I am glad she is okay now!

HW: 287 SW: 260 DOS: 244 CW: 197.0 GW: 150-ish?

AD_Jordan
on 12/7/16 9:25 am, edited 12/7/16 1:27 am

YES!  I'm also at 3 weeks.  The largest incision I have is in the middle of my body, just above the navel. It's roughly an inch long.

The MD said that this is where they removed the excised portion of my stomach (and/or anything else they're taking out). It's also the largest incision of the 6 that I have.

Mine is properly closed, healing well, has a tiny scab. No redness, no heat, no bleeding or drainage.  No fever. Just NOT COMFORTABLE today.

I'm chalking it up to "healing". Might take a Tylenol later.

VSG on 11/15/16 . . . HW: +/- 265 . . . SW: 252 . . . CW: 187 (as of 5/22/17)

missc_26
on 12/7/16 12:29 pm
VSG on 10/03/16

I'm with everyone here that you should get it checked by your NP/ doc just to be on the safe side.

Not to scare you but I didn't display any other symptoms except a bit of pain/tenderness but I did have an infection that eventually caused my wound to split in that same spot and allow the infection to clean itself out with the help of antibiotics. My surgeon said this was rare but can happen (and I have a weakened immune system so my chances of winning the lottery were higher lol). Not saying this is you at all but just better to be on the safe side and also trust your intuition. 

I noticed that when things do start to really heal I would feel very itchy around my stomach area. If you've ever had a tattoo it's the kind of crazy itch when your tattoo is healing. This was a really positive sign that things were on the way up, so that might be a helpful signal to watch out for too.

Congrats on hitting your 3 week mark and wishing you all the best :)

TennesseeGirl81
on 12/7/16 12:38 pm
VSG on 11/16/16

Thanks so much :)  I emailed the Np but if I don't hear from her tomorrow morning I'm calling the office. No changes in the pain today. 

Everyone in my house has had the stomach virus over the last two weeks. I think I got it sat or sun night. I was on the couch all day. Thankfully I didn't vomit but I did have fever/chills and diarrhea for about half a day. I don't think that it was connected to my surgery in any way.. The fever and such. My husband was vomiting though and had a fever as well. 

I feel great other than the slight pain above my incision. 

Really hoping and praying it's nothing. I need to look back over my notes they gave me tonight about what is normal and what isn't. My incisions look great! 

TennesseeGirl81
on 12/7/16 2:25 pm
VSG on 11/16/16

Finally was able to sit down at my laptop and she emailed me around 5pm EST This was what she said

"It takes usually up until 4-5 weeks postop for the soreness associated with the incision where the stomach was removed to resolve.  This is due to it being sutured to the muscles internally.  If there is no signs of infection, I would recommend that you decrease your activity and try to avoid bending, etc. . . to pull that area.  The coughing you have presently is also exacerbating it most likely.  You may want to take some of your hydrocodone pain medication if you still have some for both the pain and the coughing.  If your symptoms increase, I would recommend you call the office and talk to your doctors nurse."

Most Active