EGD this morning

Rachel B.
on 12/16/16 10:22 am, edited 12/16/16 2:15 pm - Tucson, AZ
VSG on 08/11/08 with

Some of you may recall that I came back on 25OCT16 with the idea of having a revision.  My surgeon requested I have a barium swallow and EGD and send him the results for evaluation to see if a revision is what I need.  Meanwhile, I got back on plan.  I have spent the most of the past two months in ketosis (pee-euww) and have lost 22lbs.  I'm thinking the little booger is still working.

The GI doc gave me pics.  Results:

Linearly eroded, abnormal (rule out Barrett's esophagus) mucosa in the esophagus - biopsied.

Medium sized Hiatal hernia

A sleeve gastrectomy was found, characterized by healthy appearing mucosa. (!!!!!!!!!!!!)

And she did a couple biopsies after my tummy.

Anyway, she's trying me on a new, prescription strength PPI.  She may also recommend a hernia repair. 

Then, I just wait to hear back from Dr. A.  But I think things look great!!!

HURRAY!!!! HURRAY!!!!

"...This one a long time have I watched. All his life has he looked away, to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was. What he was doing..."

Rachel, PMHNP-BC

HW-271 SW-260 LW(2009)-144 ~ Retread: HW-241 CW-190 GW-150

Anita
on 12/16/16 1:28 pm

woo hoo!!!! sounds like things are looking better...........and great job on the 22 pounds!!!

when my sleeve was done in June, they repaired my hiatal hernia and they kept me on daily Nexium for 3 months. now I take one once a week or so just to be on the safe side, but it's made a huge difference in my life since the hernia was repaired.......really good results for me.

anyhow, I hope things continue to improve for you!

Good friends are like stars. 
You don't always see them but you always know they're there. 

Rachel B.
on 12/16/16 2:17 pm - Tucson, AZ
VSG on 08/11/08 with

The hernia just happened in the last two years, or Dr. A would have taken care of it off the top.

"...This one a long time have I watched. All his life has he looked away, to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was. What he was doing..."

Rachel, PMHNP-BC

HW-271 SW-260 LW(2009)-144 ~ Retread: HW-241 CW-190 GW-150

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 69 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 257 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 323 views