Time to Purge

happyteacher
on 12/25/16 8:14 pm

Well, the holiday is winding up. I once again hosted the family get together and have strewn about the house all sorts of really terrible food choices. I know even this far out that I will struggle and eat way too much of the sugary treats if they are left in the house, so tomorrow what is left will be purged. Leftovers will be turned into something that is cleaner eating. I don't want to let this be the kickoff to some future weight gain due to crappy eating. If you have a lot of crap in your house left over from the holiday meals try to get rid of it (without eating it). I think for a little motivation I am going to head over to mfp and log what I ate today, as it is far and away higher than my normal. One day in maintenance is Ok, but letting it slide into a trend is not.

I hope everyone had a blessed holiday, and may your journey towards health continue!

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

Anita
on 12/25/16 8:53 pm

I ate a bunch more carbs than I have in over 6 months and I sure am feeling it tonight...ugh!

When I have any kind of holiday dinner, I stock up on the "take-out" type of containers and stack them in the corner near the fridge. When we finish eating I tell everyone to go get containers and take whatever they want because what isn't gone from my kitchen is going in the garbage immediately. Bingo....everyone is happy....and it sure makes clean-up a whole lot easier. Of course, I put away enough of the good foods to carry myself over for a day or so.....I'm not fond of leftovers, so it's not a problem getting all that out of the way.

Wishing all a wonderful holiday - which ever one or ones you celebrate and a happy, HEALTHY new year!

Good friends are like stars. 
You don't always see them but you always know they're there. 

happyteacher
on 12/26/16 6:41 am

The take out containers are a great idea! I previously would use a silver food service liner to send home with my brother and sister, but the take out things would work better. I know my son always misses the Thanksgiving leftovers, and you are right it would sure make everything easier!

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

H.A.L.A B.
on 12/25/16 10:33 pm

Great plan. Good luck. 

Since I am over 8.5 years post op, and in maintenance, I know exactly what "foods" are my kryptonite. The rest - no matter what it is - cookies, candies, bread, cake, etc etc... No longer tempt me. 

My SO eats normal food, but he does not overeat, nor is he eating a lot of sweets. But he may have a cookie or 2, some cake, once in a while. I can have them in the house.  

Our biggest problem is that we can't possibly eat all that food fast enough. Plus app 2-3 years post RNY I can't eat the same food more than 2 days in a raw.  So I make sure I  portion and freeze food that can be frozen. 

I hate wasting food, but I am not garbage disposal. I rather get rid of something that eat because it is there. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 12/26/16 4:05 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I'm okay with the main meal leftovers and will be able to stick mainly to the good proteins.  But man do all the homemade cookies call to me! DH has always been thin and likes those treats, but with his self-control will eat them SO SLOWLY, that the will be around for a long time tempting me. I need to get the thoughts of them out of my head!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

happyteacher
on 12/26/16 6:45 am

Yep. My whole family loves our treats, so they will be nibbled at until they are gone and that would normally take just a couple of days. But noboy in the house "wants " to eat it, we just do because it is here and available. Hence, it has to go. I do keep the lean proteins and healthier veggie sides we have left. This morning will be an egg white ham and cheese omelette- that I am Ok with. Dinner is bean soup. Those types of iterations I love. The pumpkin pie I sent home with my brother that was not sliced into we love too much. What is killing me as I write this is the Tiramisu sitting in the fridge screaming my name. Ugh!

H.A.L.A B.
on 12/26/16 8:17 am

Tiramisu can be frozen.  It doesn't help that frozen taste like a decadent ice cream.  But...If it is wrapped and out if my sight - I can ignore it and pull out just one serving once in a while for "honey". 

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

happyteacher
on 12/26/16 11:23 am

Hala, you are stronger than I am when it comes to sweets. Nothing pretty much stops me unless the fat content is so high that even with taking the cholesterymi.. stuff I still get terrible sick. I just can't keep that stuff in the house. About the best I can muster is putting on a meal for a birthday or something and staying out of it long enough to get rid of it. :) 

H.A.L.A B.
on 12/27/16 8:03 am

My strength comes form getting sick after eating things like taht more than once or twice or even 3 times.  My limit for sugary items like that is 1/2 tsp.more than that- I can deal with severe pain.  More than 1 Tbs - and i may face severe RH.  My strength comes from experience. Not very good one. 

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 12/26/16 11:14 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I asked my husband to hide the Christmas cookies and he did, thank goodness!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 107 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 335 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 385 views