New Year sleeve surgery!

Laura616
on 12/26/16 10:11 pm

So my surgery date is 1-5-17....YAY, super excited AND scared. I've never been put under...I did start my pre op diet on 12-22-16. 4oz of protein, 4oz of fruits and veggies a day. water! water! water! i ate a hard candy (sugar free) am i already failing? I feel like I am, should i not go through with it because i ate that candy? ughhh the guilt!!!

sheri.calabrese
on 12/27/16 6:43 am
VSG on 12/14/16

Congrats on your surgery!!

You ate a piece of candy yes, but it was sugar free :)

This is a life long change, the surgery does nothing about our head and it's relationship with food. I know I will not always make the best choice 100% of the time for the rest of my life. I also know I can't beat myself up over one poor food choice. The guilt will sabotage me quicker than anything. Focus on the next choice coming up since I can not change the choice already made. I will do my best to make the best choices for health and strive to keep my brain from keeping me stuck and causing more unhealthy choices because of guilt. We are human and have to be able to forgive ourselves :) 

GingerX
on 12/27/16 7:33 am
VSG on 01/05/17

Hi Laura! I'm scheduled for 1/5 also. Pre-op diet over the holidays is rough. Best of luck! 

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 71 views