I don't want to weigh myself

happyteacher
on 12/28/16 6:39 pm

I have noticed that after a few days of eating very poorly I reaaallly don't want to weigh myself. For me, this is my red flag to get my butt back on track. Playing ostrich is what got us into morbid obesity and riding the river of denial will return us there. If you are noticing some of your old behavior patterns kicking in, do something. I will be right there with you trying too 

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

Anita
on 12/28/16 7:52 pm

I'm so glad I'm not the only one thinking that! I MUST weigh myself every day or else I run into trouble....even if I've been bad, I know that if I ignore the scale, it's the first step in me falling off. I put on a half pound over the past week so I'm not alarmed ....yet. I've been pretty good, but "lucky" me, I developed shingles....naturally on Christmas. So I spent Monday going to one of the local walk-in clinics and then going to the pharmacy to pick up two prescriptions. One of the prescriptions is Percoset, so "things" have not been moving and I suspect that's part of the weight gain. Lots of extra water for me for the next few days and probably straight protein for at least tomorrow and Friday....I  make no promises to myself for Saturday night.....although we're having dinner at our friend's house and the menu is just about all protein because they are doing Atkins type eating too.

Other than that...happy and healthy new year to you ..... and for sure on Sunday (or Monday) it's 100% back on track....and on the scale!

Good friends are like stars. 
You don't always see them but you always know they're there. 

happyteacher
on 12/29/16 7:03 am

I am so sorry to read about the Shingles. Never dealt with it, but it can be a nasty piece of work. I hope you recover quickly. Yes, Percocet can slow you down and you can see the scale creep up. I would add to the extra water lots of fiber too. That worked well for me. Now post gallbladder it is such an easy fix. I just eat a little fat and then pretty much explode. (Sorry about the visual.)

I don't normally weigh myself daily, but I do a couple of times per week. When I find myself avoiding it is when I start to take notice. If it is once or twice no big deal, but if it is a week then it is. Up 3 pounds this morning, although I feel bloated as no other so for sure a little is water weight. Still, there are caloric consequences to eating the pile of sweets that has been in the house for the holidays and all of the bread and such. This is just part of my process to get back on track. 

Have a happy New Year and may your journey to better health lead you to your goal!

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

Readyjwc
on 12/30/16 3:36 pm
VSG on 01/05/17

Feel better soon! Have a happy, healthy New Year!

Laura in Texas
on 12/29/16 5:20 am

After a few days of too much eating I purposely DON'T weigh until I have been back on track a few days. For me, I know any weight gained is only temporary as long as I stop the mindless eating pronto. Mentally, I do not want to see the gain. I do weigh myself within the week. I never go more than a week. This is what works for me at 8 years out.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

happyteacher
on 12/29/16 7:04 am

I actually do that too. If it is just a couple of days that is fine, but if I am avoiding for a week or more is when it falls into the problem category for me.  8 years out is awesome by the way!

roxytrim
on 12/30/16 6:50 am - Cobourg, Canada
VSG on 04/12/13

I have been forcing myself on the scale for my weekly "face the truth" & am just outside my upper limit by 1 pound.  This has me staring down some demons, not only the creep demon but more the icky feeling - headspace demon.  I am focusing in how eating just one more sweet really makes me feel, sluggish, not at all satisfied, mindless and quite frankly just plain out of control.  Also, I'm loosing enthusiam for my wardrobe and find myself avoiding more form fitting stuff. These for me are all little danger signs. 

So I am going to turn to my NSV log I recorded at the beginning of my journey, recall that I do not want to play that up-down-up-down weight game ever again.  I will get back in CONTROL 

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 63 views