Premier protein nausea

ddkVSG
on 1/21/17 11:35 am
VSG on 12/27/16

I've been drinking premier protein shakes for 4 months. Now all of a sudden they give me a terrible stomach ache. Doesn't matter which flavor. I've switched to something different that is working fine so far.  My paperwork from nutritionist says around this time, 3 weeks post op, I could have difficulty tolerating protein drinks. 

Does anyone know why this is?

Has anyone else experienced this but was later able to enjoy the same shakes again?

i really loved the convenience of premier protein. 

HW 374 SW 339 CW 309GW 195 Surgery 12/27/16

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 1/21/17 3:39 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

Maybe you developed a food intolerance to whatever is in the drinks? I never really cared for the premier protein shakes, it seemed like too many calories/carbs & not enough protein in return.

If something else is working for you stick with that for awhile & then go back to it & see how it goes. 

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

(deactivated member)
on 1/21/17 3:46 pm - CA

Some people have problems with protein shakes after surgery even tho they did not prior to.  I do not know that there is a correlation between the surgery and the protein shakes themselves.  I think that for many, it is just that our tastes and tolerance changes after surgery.  I myself cannot tolerate Vanilla Premier protein alone.   It is way too sweet for me.  And, if I do drink it alone, I have some stomach issues.  However, I can use it in lieu of milk when making sugar free pudding, without those same affects.    

I am sorry this isn't answering your question in full, but I would say keep trying the shakes in different manners, not just as a drink.  Maybe drinking them is what is causing the discomfort and your body needs to have them reintroduced in a different manner.   Try making some sugar free pudding with the vanilla premier as the milk and see how you tolerate that.  If you do fine, I am sure you will be able to enjoy them again as a drink, eventually.    Here are some other Premier Protein Recipes as well using the RTD tetra pak.  

Best of luck....

Nik

NYMom222
on 1/21/17 5:20 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

At 5 weeks out I thought I would gag if I had to have another protein shake... including premier.... finally found the coffee flavored ones, and they help me over for awhile... then later on all good...back to being able to tolerate it all. the first 6 months especially there seems to be no rhyme or reason sometimes as to why things 'agree' or 'don't agree'

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Arjeffries
on 1/21/17 5:37 pm
VSG on 01/27/16

I liked them but at 3 months out, I would become very nauseous after drinking a shake. My stomach would cramp. I stopped premier and all shakes and then resumed at 5 months with no problems. I don't know why.

Most Active