HELLO FROM THE OTHER SIIIIDDDEEE!

nurse_ratchet
on 1/23/17 11:56 am
On January 23, 2017 at 5:52 PM Pacific Time, Citizen (USA & Brit) Kim wrote:

Lots of medical professionals here who are also vets, so I shouldn't worry about being inundated for your medical opinion.  

It's a little rude to come to someone's house and start telling them you don't like the furniture and offering design advice.  Sit down and enjoy the company!!!!    Get to know everyone, the culture of the board, join in and you'll get on just fine.  Forum nannies seldom do well here ...

Totally wasn't my intention.  

nurse_ratchet
on 1/23/17 12:03 pm, edited 1/23/17 4:39 am

It seems I've been misunderstood and I apologize.  It's so hard to portray what you mean and who you are with text alone.  I was explaining my weaknesses and issues I had in the past with "forum life" I was in no way telling anyone how to behave or what to do.  I value the advice and opinion of all and was admitting my wrongdoing in the past.  It seems that it was misinterpreted and I'm sorry if I've offended or irritated anyone.  

Laura in Texas
on 1/23/17 12:30 pm

If you are bothered by people telling you to stop losing weight, you should be careful about how much you talk about it, even to loved ones. I save that talk for this site and support groups. No one really wants to hear it anyway, unless they are just being nosey. From your BMI, I assume you are about 5'4" so 140-145 is a very reasonable goal weight for you.

Keep up the good work!! 

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

nurse_ratchet
on 1/23/17 12:38 pm
On January 23, 2017 at 8:30 PM Pacific Time, Laura in Texas wrote:

If you are bothered by people telling you to stop losing weight, you should be careful about how much you talk about it, even to loved ones. I save that talk for this site and support groups. No one really wants to hear it anyway, unless they are just being nosey. From your BMI, I assume you are about 5'4" so 140-145 is a very reasonable goal weight for you.

Keep up the good work!! 

I'm not bothered by it. I just thought it as funny.  

YOur calculations on spot on :) math skills on point.  

Thank you 

Laura in Texas
on 1/23/17 12:39 pm

Well, I am a math teacher!! 

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Kathy S.
on 1/23/17 12:36 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Lipsticklady
on 1/24/17 6:51 am
VSG on 05/14/13

I kind of consider badgering following someone around, talking crap about them and their friends even after they put you on ignore.  You know, what you did to me and many of the other vets at BP.   But, what do I know?  That's just my opinion.  

Good luck to you with your journey!  

ISO ... New "clique" members. You must be kind, warm, welcoming, honest, intelligent, and have a sense of humor. The words "shamed" or "victim" can not be in your regular vocabulary. Sarcasm is welcome (and wanted!), but cruelty is not. You must not be a coddler or a shamer. All members are free to classify themselves as vets, newbies, grasshoppers or anything else they desire.

I enjoy long walks on the beach, puppies, sunsets and taking off my bra as I pull in the driveway. If you are like minded, you are in!

And remember, we are ALL worthy of love, humor, and dignity.

I started a new group here for my old BP friends and any new friends who have a sense of humor. Link to join:

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/real_talk

nurse_ratchet
on 1/24/17 12:29 pm

I am very sorry you see it that way.  I'm not here to bicker back and forth. I think what Alex did was unnecessary and he things he done after were disgusting and says a lot about his character.  I in no way reported anyone ever so I don't know what I "did" other than disagreeing with you once in a while.  Oh and exchanged some ridiculous bicker.  I do not wish to continue that on here. If that means we can say let's start fresh then cool, if that means we ignore each other completely, that's fine also. Let's just agree on something and not continue the negativity exchanged on both of our ends. 

Thanks for the well wishes and I wish you same.  

Barbsleeved
on 1/24/17 7:17 am
VSG on 08/22/14

I'm sorry, but did Alex un ban me and I somehow ended up back over at BP? I thought I was still at OH, where people actually act like adults and don't tell other people how to post? 

BE STRONGER THAN YOUR EXCUSES. 

nurse_ratchet
on 1/24/17 12:23 pm, edited 1/24/17 8:22 pm
On January 24, 2017 at 3:17 PM Pacific Time, Barbsleeved wrote:

I'm sorry, but did Alex un ban me and I somehow ended up back over at BP? I thought I was still at OH, where people actually act like adults and don't tell other people how to post? 

I just want to be clear by saying that I am not telling anyone how to post.  Not at all.  Was explaining my experience with the "forum life" and admitting my faults.  Looking for a new start with a new forum and fresh advice.  Sorry if it's being misunderstood.  It's very hard to get people to understand what you mean through text only without it being misconstrued.  Of course, I don't have to tell you that.....