HELLO FROM THE OTHER SIIIIDDDEEE!

akindofmagick
on 1/24/17 8:17 am - MD

Blocking. The best part of OH forums.

I've been fat, and I've been thin - and thin is better.  

There is a better way. --Alaine of Lyndar 
--------------------------
HW: 234. SW: 228 (18 June 2015). GW: 137. Specs: 50ish, 5'4"

Sai F.
on 1/24/17 8:42 am
VSG on 09/02/16

I deleted my previous comment on this thread because I was in a hurry that day and admit I didn't read the intro carefully.

"...but do not badger me or others. Its uncecessary and I find myself getting overly defensive." and "Did I think some of the remarks were unecessary? Sure."

Seriously rubs me the wrong way.

Blocked.

Banded June 2009- Allergan 10mL AP-S

Revised to Sleeve in September 2016

Donna L.
on 1/24/17 10:29 am - Chicago, IL
Revision on 02/19/18

I've never been badgered for being a clinician here (who works with bariatric patients), even though I've had an article published here.  Everyone has been kind to me, and does not make me feel self-conscious.  I wouldn't even worry about it.

I prefer the bluntness here, frankly.  I've lost 450 pounds ish total, and that would never have happened without people being direct with me.  I find it necessary and refreshing.

Good luck and enjoy the forums. :)

nurse_ratchet
on 1/24/17 11:53 am

Thank you, I am so far and GREAT JOB! Wow! 

Lipsticklady
on 1/24/17 12:57 pm
VSG on 05/14/13
On January 24, 2017 at 6:29 PM Pacific Time, Donna L. wrote:

I've never been badgered for being a clinician here (who works with bariatric patients), even though I've had an article published here.  Everyone has been kind to me, and does not make me feel self-conscious.  I wouldn't even worry about it.

I prefer the bluntness here, frankly.  I've lost 450 pounds ish total, and that would never have happened without people being direct with me.  I find it necessary and refreshing.

Good luck and enjoy the forums. :)

Wow!  450?  You are amazing!

ISO ... New "clique" members. You must be kind, warm, welcoming, honest, intelligent, and have a sense of humor. The words "shamed" or "victim" can not be in your regular vocabulary. Sarcasm is welcome (and wanted!), but cruelty is not. You must not be a coddler or a shamer. All members are free to classify themselves as vets, newbies, grasshoppers or anything else they desire.

I enjoy long walks on the beach, puppies, sunsets and taking off my bra as I pull in the driveway. If you are like minded, you are in!

And remember, we are ALL worthy of love, humor, and dignity.

I started a new group here for my old BP friends and any new friends who have a sense of humor. Link to join:

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/real_talk

Donna L.
on 1/24/17 7:13 pm - Chicago, IL
Revision on 02/19/18

Nah, just stubborn.  I also had lots of counseling.  150 pounds to go, but 450 pounds all kept off since 2010 or so isn't horrible.  I may never get to goal due to my highest ever weight, however I am in for the long haul.

Lipsticklady
on 1/25/17 4:36 am
VSG on 05/14/13
On January 25, 2017 at 3:13 AM Pacific Time, Donna L. wrote:

Nah, just stubborn.  I also had lots of counseling.  150 pounds to go, but 450 pounds all kept off since 2010 or so isn't horrible.  I may never get to goal due to my highest ever weight, however I am in for the long haul.

I'm totally rooting for you!

ISO ... New "clique" members. You must be kind, warm, welcoming, honest, intelligent, and have a sense of humor. The words "shamed" or "victim" can not be in your regular vocabulary. Sarcasm is welcome (and wanted!), but cruelty is not. You must not be a coddler or a shamer. All members are free to classify themselves as vets, newbies, grasshoppers or anything else they desire.

I enjoy long walks on the beach, puppies, sunsets and taking off my bra as I pull in the driveway. If you are like minded, you are in!

And remember, we are ALL worthy of love, humor, and dignity.

I started a new group here for my old BP friends and any new friends who have a sense of humor. Link to join:

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/real_talk

happyteacher
on 1/25/17 4:22 pm

Hoooollllllyyyyyyy heck Donna, how did I miss that you lost that much? Dang, that is some commitment that I find deeply inspirational!

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

diane S.
on 1/29/17 10:31 am

Hi Ratchet, Welcome. Sounds like you are doing well. Read my blog page for my story. And keep the comments coming. We all like to chat here. Congrats on your success.You can learn a lot here from the experiences of others. Diane S

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

nurse_ratchet
on 1/29/17 4:41 pm

Thank you!!! WIll do! ð?¤--