Everything all set for this week, now pushed back to March

ohiogal58
on 1/30/17 9:25 pm
VSG on 03/13/17

Hello All,

Things can change, and they have. I was scheduled for Feb 2nd Hospital pre-admission testing in morning, then Dr. visit in afternoon.

Got a call from patient coordinator that they will not be doing any testing on the 2nd. So that pushed me to Feb.23rd and in order to get the 2 week diet in the earliest date for surgery is March 13th.

Surgery was going to be on Feb 20th.

Well just wanted to say that I'm not letting it bum me out TOO much...haha (it is a little cause a lot of rescheduling for other things having to take place)

My insurance is paying for protein, drinks, and jello. They won't do the Premier but will do the Optisource through Medline. Caramel and Strawberry are the only flavors but that's ok. Also will supply fruit punch protein jello cups.

Been looking at some shapewear. Can't do Spanx but looking at some knockoffs. Anyone using some? Could use some suggestions.

Anyway just wanted to put it out there that things can happen to hold you up, but don't let it discourage you...

Ohiogal58

Diane

KittyKarin
on 1/31/17 5:48 am - FL
VSG on 01/09/13

Hi Diane!

That stinks that your surgery got pushed back but it happens so often! Great attitude you have about it, though.  

That's really cool that insurance is paying for some of your supplies! I only use shapewear in the summer when I wear dresses so I don't get bad "chub rub" on my thighs. Target actually has Spanx brand shapewear that is a little cheaper than normal.  I got one of the shorts looking things and it works well. 

Good luck, girl! 

KittyKarin :-) Starting weight: 362 / Surgery weight: 353 / Current weight: 190 (03/27/2017)

Dee R.
on 1/31/17 6:10 am - CA

Well that sucks!  But, I do love your attitude about it!

The shapewear I've bought is Flexees from WalMart.  Inexpensive, and comfortable.

Good Luck on the rest of your journey!

armygalbonnie
on 2/2/17 1:24 pm

The most comfortable shapewear I ever bought was from the Dress Barn.  It holds things (lol) in place, but without feeling like you are cutting off blood supply. 

ohiogal58
on 2/4/17 11:41 am
VSG on 03/13/17

Oh thank you all for your replies.

I'm looking into all your suggestions for shape wear. We live so far out in the woods that I have to plan far ahead for things so when we do get to the big city I can take advantage of a well prepared list.

Everything is still moving forward, just got the map of the hospital, surgery date,etc in the mail. So it's official.

I've been pretty good about "funeral" foods. Not too interested in much. But since we never eat out I am having a little "wake" on the 13th...haha

Chinese take-out! And a bottle of champagne.

Then back on track w/regular diet then 2 week liquid diet before surgery.

My Dr. does liquid+vegetables for 2 weeks prior.

Excited,watching lots of you tubes on VSG,food hauls at different stages,reading and learning.

I don't have any support groups around me so online is pretty much it.

Thanks again for your replies.

Diane

ohiogal58

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 48 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 48 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 215 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op