where are you?

patchoulli
on 2/11/17 5:53 am - port charlotte, FL

Please forgive me,. The first few days of the week are foggy, I read about a young woman who's surgery was around the same time as mine,, she had a leak, had more surgery, and was hopefully going home from hospital on 2/8.  I did try to look back, but didn't see it.  I love this forum, so informative, good and bad,.  If you are reading this,. Get in touch!   

Neesie57
on 2/11/17 1:58 pm
VSG on 08/04/15

Here is her original post: I hope this helps.

On February 11, 2017 at 1:42 PM Pacific Time, Buckeyegirl76 wrote:

My WLS worst case scenario has happened. Yesterday was nine days out from surgery and I went to my surgeon for persistent left shoulder pain, this is my only symptom. I have a small leak at the top of the sleeve near the esophagus. It appears to have walled itself off and is not leaking into the abdominal cavity. I have been admitted to the hospital until at least next Tuesday or Wednesday. No food or water by mouth for at least 2 weeks. They feel like it has already started healing itself so the plan is to let it resolve on its own unless I develop a fever or my white blood cell count goes out of whack. Then it would be a stent and/or drain.

I know I'm not the only one to face this but right now I'm mad, sad and scared. I have regret and worry I won't get better. I worry about the extra burden on my family and I'm angry that I did everything to the letter, was considered low risk and this still happened.

i could use some encouragement from any veterans that have been through this.

Sorry for the typos, one handed and drugged.

5' 5" tall. VSG on August 4, 2015/ Starting weight 239.9/ Surgery weight 210.9/ Current weight 137.4/ Goal weight 140/ No longer overweight, now a NORMAL weight. Now that I'm at goal, it's time to move on to maintenance!!!!!!!!

TaraLynne
on 2/11/17 3:59 pm

Awesome! :) Congrats

patchoulli
on 2/11/17 2:51 pm - port charlotte, FL

Thank you!

Most Active