Anxiously waiting my journey....

KingstonBoy
on 3/5/17 5:37 pm
VSG on 04/03/17

Good evening everyone,

Just wanted to say hello to everyone on here and thank you for being so very open and honest about your VSG experiences. I go next week to find out when my surgery will be scheduled and when I can start my journey to a healthier me.

I am such a basket case full of emotions about it all. Excited, nervous, scared...if I am doing the right thing.

I am excited to make friends going thru the same things I am going thru. Please add me - I would love to share my journey - and be apart of your journey as well.

Thanks

Shana

CC C.
on 3/5/17 5:51 pm

Welcome! The time will fly by!

(deactivated member)
on 3/5/17 8:16 pm
VSG on 12/28/16

You're feeling how most of us felt pre op. Try to focus on the excited part and use this time to learn everything you can so it will be easy peasy post op. Best of luck and let us know how you're doing.

(deactivated member)
on 3/6/17 7:59 am
VSG on 10/31/16

Welcome! You are not alone in how you are feeling. I felt the same emotions. For me it was such a relief after I underwent surgery. Let us know your surgery date if you want to share.

LeslieWesleysyxx
on 3/6/17 8:39 am
Revision on 03/14/18

Welcome! I know those feelings all to well. This forum is a wealth of knowledge so don't be afraid to ask about anything or search the database.

KingstonBoy
on 3/6/17 10:35 am
VSG on 04/03/17

Thank you everyone for the well wishes. I am definitely getting excited. Especially reading everyone's posts on how well they are doing.

This website is definitely chopped full of such good information and reference tools. I am going to soak up as much knowledge as I can so that way after surgery I am going to be that much more successful.

Once I have my surgery date - I will definitely share that information. I should know this Wednesday the date.

Thanks for taking the time to respond to my post. It means allot.

Hope everyone has a fantastic week.

Shana

Readyjwc
on 3/6/17 2:26 pm
VSG on 01/05/17

Hi and welcome! We've all had those emotions.

Hang in there - I can't wait to see you on the loser's bench!

-Jan

Height 5'4 Starting weight: 225 Surgery weight: 216 Goal Weight: 135 Surgery date: 1/23/17 Portsmouth, NH

The little engine that could.....

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 3/8/17 6:58 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Good luck! If it helps to hear from one more person: Most of us felt the same way prior to surgery, but at the end of the day all I can say is that "THIS IS THE BEST THING I EVER DID!".

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 77 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 287 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 338 views