2 days post-op

ghammonds
on 5/3/17 6:48 am
VSG on 05/01/17

Good morning all,

just had my VSG surgery on Monday, I was released from the hospital yesterday. Now that I'm home I feel so helpless and I feel like my pain has kicked in even worse. Sleeping was unbearable, my entire body is hurting. I have been walking around the house but I still feel so helpless. I've been sipping and even the smallest sips make me feel so full. I'm so miserable right now I just wanna cry. I'm beginning to regret this...anyone else have a rough couple days after surgery? Any advice?

White Dove
on 5/3/17 7:29 am - Warren, OH

You need to take your pain medication before pain worsens. If you were sent home without pain medication, call and get some.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

ghammonds
on 5/3/17 10:51 am
VSG on 05/01/17

They gave me Percocet which I'm scared to take, what can I put them in if they need to be crushed?

White Dove
on 5/3/17 2:54 pm - Warren, OH

You can put them in a spoon of applesauce, but I never crushed them. Not taking your pain medicine is going to make healing take longer and be more difficult.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Readyjwc
on 5/3/17 4:09 pm
VSG on 01/05/17

I was able to swallow mine whole but can mix with sugar free pudding etc. I agree with the others - take your pains meds.

-Jan

Height 5'4 Starting weight: 225 Surgery weight: 216 Goal Weight: 135 Surgery date: 1/23/17 Portsmouth, NH

The little engine that could.....

Mirandia
on 5/3/17 7:44 pm
VSG on 03/14/17

omg take your pain meds.... or at least take half of a dose. No wonder you are miserable.

sgg1002
on 5/3/17 7:36 am
VSG on 11/29/16

So sorry you are feeling rough. :( Generally, the gas pains last 2-3 days after getting home and the only thing that helped me was getting up and walking around and staying on top of my pain meds. Just take it easy and let your doc know if you aren't sleeping comfortably or in excessive pain that the meds doesn't seem to help.

Kristi T.
on 5/3/17 10:21 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

The first three days were the roughest for me, so yes I did feel like this. My only time of regret came about the same time as well. It does get better, I promise. All of a sudden you just start to feel better, you move better and the gas pains subside. By day 7 I was walking the neighborhood. Hang in there, as others have said, take your pain medication and call the surgeon if they are not working. Stay hydrated and rest, walk when you can.

Princessdanielle
on 5/3/17 1:34 pm
VBG on 03/08/17

During my post op I didn't really get gas pains.I got more pain than anything from the drain. As soon as that was taken out I was so much better (in pain still but not nearly as much). Hang in there. It does get better. As far as pain meds stay on top of them. I'm wondering if they have Percocet in liquid form. That's something you could ask your doctor.

NotOldMomma
on 5/4/17 5:02 am

I'm new so I don't have any advice but I hope you feel better soon!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 132 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 392 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 423 views