Whatcha Eating Today VSGers? Thursday, 3/21/2019

Gwen M.
on 3/21/19 6:07 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Good morning, VSGers!

Today is my dad's birthday, so I'm spending the day watching TV instead of thinking. I started The Haunting of Hill House yesterday, so I'll finish that up. Then I'm thinking about Russian Doll and/or watching episodes 9-13 of Made in Abyss since I saw the movie of episodes 1-8 last night and need to know what happens.

QOTD: Do you have a "comfort" genre for books/TV/movies? I.e., a genre that you turn to when you're having a bad day? My comfort genre is horror/thriller. I like to read short story horror collections when I'm down.

1: protein shake
2: leftover meatballs
3: maple-bacon burgers (these are ground pork burgers, new to me recipe from Cook's Country)

liquid and vites: on track
exercise: yoga at home

How about you?

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

mmsmom
on 3/21/19 7:36 am - Woburn, MA

Good morning Gwen...my mom passed 18 years ago tomorrow... I still miss her but try to think of happy memories. She passed the day before my 40th birthday and was so worried she would ruin my birthday.

QOTD: I love comedy...juvenile, slapstick, any comedy. I have some dvr clips of shows that i just keep and laugh when I need a lift.

B: 1/2 bagel, cored, toasted and peanut butter

L: idk, i'm just back from vacation and totally unprepared for life

D: leftover chinese - beef and veg, bbq ribs

S: just ate baked lays : /

exercise: just walk the dog, fitbit needs recharging so i'm also unprepared for life this way too!

VSG on 04/28/2014

Kristi T.
on 3/21/19 10:06 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

Good morning! Take care of yourself today Gwen, taking a break from thinking sounds like a good plan. I started Haunting of Hill House, need to finish that one. I really liked Russian Doll, it's different and I have always been a fan of Natasha Lyonne.

QOTD-Like you Gwen, I do tend to go to thrillers and horror genre.

B-1/3 cup granola, coffee

L-scrambled eggs with cheese

S-hot tea

D-tbd

E-Hike with Emmy

Have a wonderful Thursday!

AnnieG522
on 3/21/19 3:12 pm
VSG on 10/05/17

My family is all gone, except me. Daddy passed on Mom's birthday, Mom on my middle sisters, middle sister on my oldest sister, oldest sister on my wedding day. So I totally get the need to occupy minds and thoughts on calendar days.

QOTD: Do you have a "comfort" genre for books/TV/movies? I.e., a genre that you turn to when you're having a bad day My preference is crime/mystery/drama or true crime, both in books and movies. Lots of reasons, but one is that its my "whistle in the dark" when two friend/neighbors of mine were killed separately, in the Seattle area back in the 70's. I can always fall into a mystery, be it Agatha Christie (or Nancy Drew, back in the day)....and I read 2-4 books a week.

That said, I do take one class, 8 hrs a month that requires study and research. But I'll read the cereal box if there is nothing else.

B: 1 slice crispy bacon, premier shake

L: Chicken, walnut green salad with lite dressing

S: 1/4 C peanuts, dry roasted

D: 1 la bandarita thin corn tortilla with fat free cheddar and salsa

S: Chobani yogurt

Weight holding steady. Allergies insane with warmer weather. Hair looking like Bernie Sanders -baby-bird hair.

liquids on track; steps 3,000 over today

Oh, and I helped a friend pack her kitchen, pantry, books and bedroom for a move next week.

HW: 240 lbs CW: 205 lbs: SW: 199 lbs GW: 130 lbs
1 MO = 167.0 2 MO = 156.4 3 MO = 148.4 4 MO = 140.6
5 MO = 136.0 6 MO = 130.0 (GOAL) 20 MO = 133
"At the evening of our life, we shall be judged by our love."

(deactivated member)
on 3/21/19 8:15 pm
VSG on 10/24/18

QOTD: cooking shows. I have become addicted to them!

B: protein shake

L: 1.5 oz roast chicken & 1 tbsp homemade tzatziki

S: 0.4 oz roast chicken & 30g spring mix salad greens & 1/2 tbsp vinaigrette dressing

D: 2 oz grilled steak & 1/4 cup cauliflower rice.

exercise: 1 hr hot yoga at the gym this morning plus 20 minutes upper body weight training

mmsmom
on 3/22/19 4:34 am - Woburn, MA

My husband always asks why I'm so obsessed with cooking shows when I can barely eat anything, lol. IDK, but I still love them

VSG on 04/28/2014

(deactivated member)
on 3/24/19 9:05 am
VSG on 10/24/18

Mine wonders the same thing

I've also become obsessed with cooking and meal planning for the fam, even going so far as taking pictures of everything I make...which means I also go a little overboard with plating and photo setup.

Meanwhile, I just eat bites of grilled chicken and buffalo sauce from a re-sealable container in the fridge.

Most Active