head hunger- eating is fun!

Vanvooh
on 6/27/19 10:45 am

I have not even had my surgery yet but I have been eating well and have lost 21 pounds over the last two months. Today, I am not particularly hungry and have stuck to my eating plan yet I still want to order this delicious chicken that I love. I guess this is part is the head hunger part. starting to understand better

TheWombat
on 6/27/19 1:52 pm
VSG on 06/11/18

Congratulations on the weight loss. Even more importantly, it's really good that you are thinking about why you eat. Here are some suggestions:

• Pay extra attention to other senses besides taste. When I drink herbal tea, I take time to appreciate the aroma. When I pet my cats, I focus on how soft their fur is. When I go to bed, I notice the cool feeling of the sheets.
  • Include some fun-to-eat foods. Crunchy carrot sticks. A small amount of chewy dried mango.

Just to reassure you, eating is still fun after VSG. (Perhaps not so much the first few months, when it feels like mission impossible trying to drink enough fluids and eat enough protein!) In fact, I enjoy my food more now because I don't feel controlled by it. At one year out, I do get cravings, but I don't feel like I must have a particular food, and I can easily find a healthy choice that will satisfy me. For example, I might want something sweet, and choose to have a little oatmeal with fresh blueberries.

goldn02grl
on 7/26/19 7:08 pm
VSG on 07/22/19

I love the mindfulness eating suggestions! I am 5 days post-surgery and my counselor had suggested mindful eating to keep from overeating and eating things I crave.

goldn02grl
on 7/26/19 7:09 pm
VSG on 07/22/19

Good luck if you haven't still haven't had your surgery and good luck afterward! Mindfulness eating is a good way to keep on track! I am 5 days post-op.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 75 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 275 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 331 views