Weight Loss Stalls and Menstrual Cycles.

NiaLong
on 9/13/19 5:48 am
VSG on 04/22/19

Hi there! This question is for the ladies.

Do any of you experience weight loss stalls maybe a week to a week and a half before your menstrual cycle, then gain weight during it, and start losing again after your menstrual cycle stops?

Have you noticed any type of pattern with your weight loss/stall and your period?

TheWombat
on 9/14/19 4:35 pm
VSG on 06/11/18

I went through the menopause before WLS, so I can't speak to the timing of stalls and menstruation. But I do occasionally ge****er weight gain for other reasons (e.g., eating a salty meal). I have an electronic scale that shows body fat percentage in addition to weight, and I find that feature very helpful and reassuring. If my weight is up a pound, but I'm pretty sure it's water weight, I'll see that the body fat % has gone down, and feel reassured. By the next day, my weight is usually down again.

However, the body fat % didn't show much change from day-to-day, and hence wasn't that useful, until I got down below about 100 kg (220 lbs).

OnlineAnnie
on 9/24/19 8:39 pm

I was thinking of your question this month, and yes....plateau week, gain one pound, plateau week, then period week down 7 pounds!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 69 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 254 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 321 views