Developed Pocket in Stomach, May Need Revision?

Marilee M.
on 3/13/20 2:37 pm - Holly Springs, GA

I got my sleeve about 10 years ago and, while I have gained back some weight, I currently weigh about 140 pounds at 5'5". I've had GERD for several years and recently developed an ulcer. When I went in for another endoscopy today, the doctor found an undesolved pill in a pocket in my stomach. I had taken the pill over 6 hours before that, with a full glass of water.

Now the doctor wants me to have a barium swallow and said that I may need a revision. The pocket didn't look very big to me and the thought of having another sleeve gastrectomy makes me very nervous because I've heard that there is a bigger risk of complications.

Has anyone else had something like this happen, and if so, what did you do? I saw something called plication, but don't really know much about it. Would that be something to look into?

Thanks.

Marilee

TheWombat
on 3/16/20 8:45 am, edited 3/16/20 7:41 am
VSG on 06/11/18

Maybe in this case the word "revision" means going in and making a small repair, rather than re-sleeving? If so, perhaps the risk of complication is lower. You might ask for clarification on that. I don't know anything about this; I just wanted to raise that point.

ladygodiva1228
on 4/7/20 6:18 am - Putnam, CT
Revision on 02/04/15

Your doctor may mean that you have to revise to the bypass. Having GERD for several years is very dangerous. It can lead to Barrett's Esophagus which in turn leads to throat cancer.

Dr. Sanchez Lapband 9/12/2003
hw305/revision w280/cw197/gw150

Revision from Lap Band to Bypass on 2/4/2015 by Dr. Pohl

Most Active