Trying to lose

LookingtoBskinny
on 6/4/20 8:28 am

Hi. I am just getting back on track after a loooooonnnnng slump. I really want this now. I had a hysterectomy last year and had a revision of my VSG last year and the weight is not coming off. I dont know what to do. I also take psychotropic meds. I guess I have a lot stacked against me.

Please help I need some advice in what I can do. Thank you.

White Dove
on 6/4/20 5:04 pm - Warren, OH

No matter what is stacked against you, you will not gain one pound from anything except too many calories. You need to get on an eating plan and stick to it. My personal plan is Weigh****chers, which I love because I can eat any foods as long as I track my points.

The weight will come off when you eat less than you burn.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

hollykim
on 6/5/20 10:38 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On June 4, 2020 at 3:28 PM Pacific Time, LookingtoBskinny wrote:

Hi. I am just getting back on track after a loooooonnnnng slump. I really want this now. I had a hysterectomy last year and had a revision of my VSG last year and the weight is not coming off. I dont know what to do. I also take psychotropic meds. I guess I have a lot stacked against me.

Please help I need some advice in what I can do. Thank you.

many of us can't lose unless we are eating 600-800 calories a day. What does a days menu look like for you? Are you tracking and measuring everything you eat?

we have not seen very good results on the site from those who have had sleeve revisions. We see them posting a 20 pound or less loss after revising.

it is possible to lose after but one really has to be on program.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 6/9/20 6:13 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I lost 20 pounds on WW early this year (in approx 5 months). I started with the in-person meetings and now do them on zoom (still weekly mostly even though I am back to lifetime range). The newer plan appeals to many of us. Also, I post on OH every day - in a VSG maintenance group and on the RNY daily menu thread. I need all of this to be accountable.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

White Dove
on 6/9/20 10:31 am - Warren, OH

I also find Weigh****chers is the best way to lose any regain and to maintain. I am 10 pounds over my goal and using Weigh****chers to correct that. Also moving and getting as much exercise as I can.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

PuggleDad
on 6/16/20 3:07 pm

Ah yes, the meds. I've been on antipsychotics for over a decade. It's just that much harder to lose and keep weight off. I'm not sure I have any advice to offer, I just wanted to say I feel your pain on the meds.

Most Active