Do you hate it?

Shuki
on 6/16/20 12:55 am

I am considering bariatric surgery and am wondering if anyone on here regrets their decision in having it?

catwoman7
on 6/16/20 8:06 am
RNY on 06/03/15

nope. I'd do it again in a minute. In fact, I'd go back and have it done every year if I had to. One of the best decisions I've ever made!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Shuki
on 6/16/20 1:54 pm

I am someone who eats my feelings and am worried about what I do with that post surgery. Was that ever something you did and if so how did you deal with it post surgery?

catwoman7
on 6/17/20 6:33 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

I'm not really an emotional eater, but many of us are. Several people on here work with therapists to deal with that...

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 6/16/20 8:49 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Nope! BEST THING I EVER DID FOR MYSELF!

I would guess you will get a similar response from most on this site. IMHO those who never changed their eating patterns and regained or had some health issues may regret it but the former probably isn't on OH anymore and the latter would be a small minority.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

PuggleDad
on 6/16/20 3:00 pm

I have zero regrets, but the issue of loose skin will hit most of us at some point. For me, as a man, it's not so bad. I like the way I look in clothes, compression clothing helps with that if I'm ever trying to look extra nice. However, there are times where I look at my skin and am not filled with the most positive of feelings. It's worse for my girlfriend, she had a higher starting weight than me. It's harder on women on general, I feel, for a number of reasons. She doesn't regret her choice at all either, but she still claims she liked her body better when it was huge as compared to "deflated". That's just where she is now psychologically, and in time that could change. It's hard to convey just how fast our bodies change, and there's going to be an adjustment period.

But I don't want to scare you off because that is just one negative in a sea of positives. This surgery changed my life. I'm a different person, and probably a better one as well.

Most Active