soontobe_blondegoddess’s Posts

soontobe_blondegodd
ess

on 6/7/12 10:51 pm
Topic: RE: Anyone have BCBSIL? Keeping getting denied, very depressed
 I have heard great things about BCBSIL and people do get approved fast, I guess it is just me and their "change" they made.  The VM on my cell from BCBSIL said the surgeon is missing the documentation and needs to send it in.  So I am not sure if it is a letter that needs to be drawn or what.  The surgeon's office is in touch with my insurance but I am waiting to hear back from them.  I think BCBSIL changed their policy in the beginning of the year and my surgeon's office is trying to figure out the requirements too.  
I am bummed because I was planning on having surgery last month according to my surgeon's office, but it took "forever" to get an response back from the medical review department.  I will keep pushing and fill you in on any info I find out :)
soontobe_blondegodd
ess

on 6/7/12 3:26 pm
 Thank you for that information. I have been told those steps by my surgeons office...so my guess is that he needs to draw a letter and have me sign it? Not really sure...they did tell me what to expect and of course they are there to help me if I run into any roadblocks. I am not sure what they/ surgeons office sent over as the post operative plan. Fingers crossed it gets resolved soon! If I find out the specifics, hopefully I can help others if they get stuck in the same trap.
 Thank you for your response and advise! Are there any protein shakes you recommend? So far from reading your plan, the only difference I see is I am only allowed 3 meals, no snacks. 
soontobe_blondegodd
ess

on 6/7/12 2:34 pm
 Hi, I am struggling on getting BCBSIL to approve me.  I was told by a member that they changed their policy and you don't need to do the once a month for 6 months thing, BUT I have been denied twice for not having a Post Operative Plan.  The insurance company called me today and left me a voice mail that I was denied and that my surgeon needs to give it (post operative plan) to them/BCBSIL.  Well if they changed their plan, they need to inform the doctors of what they are looking for!  Does anyone have a clear understanding of the Post Operative Plan that BCBSIL is requesting?  I was too disappointed to call them today, but my surgeon's office is taking care of that.  (Thank you Bridgette, you are amazing!)
 Long story short, did the whole Kaiser plan for Lap band 4 years ago, got married, changed insurances to BCBSIL - transferred records - denied.  Doing the program again from scratch since February.  So motivated to get this done, but have been blocked by BCBSIL twice since then. It just seems like weight lose surgery is not meant for me, even though I know it is the best thing for me! 
   I look at you all on the site and see the amazing photos of you and want to be like you...looking great and in cute clothes!  I have even bought a few sizes smaller thinking I was going to have my surgery last month.... but another road block.  Just very depressed....want to be healthy and skinny and done with the insurance BS!  Just approve it already!  My deductible is met and I and all my doctors are on my side!  

Thank you for any input and support.  I just want to move forward with my life and stop carrying an extra 100lbs of baggage!!!
soontobe_blondegodd
ess

on 3/17/12 2:19 am, edited 3/17/12 2:20 am
Topic: RE: insurance question
 I just finished the nutritionist, phyc eval, blood work. So hopefully that is all and I can submit for insurance! I hope I don't get denied. So odd going to a phyc eval
soontobe_blondegodd
ess

on 3/17/12 2:13 am
 That is so discouraging!!! I hope you get approved soon and I hope I do too! It sux when we are ready to move forward and the insurance stops us.
soontobe_blondegodd
ess

on 3/16/12 6:16 am
Topic: RE: I GOT APPROVED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 Congratulations!!!!  I am hoping to get my stuff sumbitted too and get my answer! :)
soontobe_blondegodd
ess

on 3/16/12 12:59 am
soontobe_blondegodd
ess

on 3/16/12 12:59 am, edited 3/16/12 1:00 am
Topic: RE: 3 Month Surgiversary w/ Pix
 Congrats on your success!!! You look amazing!
soontobe_blondegodd
ess

on 3/16/12 12:51 am
Topic: RE: Need a favor, who can combine 2 pics into 1 for me??
 I can also help you, I am a graphic designer :)
Message me if you still need assistance.
soontobe_blondegodd
ess

on 3/15/12 1:41 am
Topic: RE: Average Weight Loss?
 Awesome that u r off the meds!! Congrats on ur success too!
soontobe_blondegodd
ess

on 3/15/12 1:18 am
 I just called them!!!!!! Awesome!!! Hopefully sooner for me:)
soontobe_blondegodd
ess

on 3/15/12 12:53 am
 We're u required to do:cardiologist eval, echocardiogram, stress test, breathing test, pulmonology consult. 
soontobe_blondegodd
ess

on 3/15/12 12:50 am
 I am told I have to still do the 6 month weigh ins?! I will call my doctors office today to see if that can get bypassed. I am in California with bcbsil so I am not sure if requirements are different! Thank unfor the info!!
soontobe_blondegodd
ess

on 3/14/12 2:17 pm
 Thank you so much for your response!! Much appreciated!
soontobe_blondegodd
ess

on 3/14/12 11:53 am
 So glad to hear!! I just hope I wasn't going to have a long time to wait! I feel like a little kid: are we almost there yet!:)
soontobe_blondegodd
ess

on 3/14/12 9:56 am
 That is great! Wasn't sure if it was going to be a long drawn out process. I am sitting in waiting room now for the psych eval; almost done with checklist other than being patient for 5 more months! Thanks for ur advice and best of luck to you!
soontobe_blondegodd
ess

on 3/14/12 6:27 am
I have BCBS of Illinois as my insurance.  Does anyone know how long it takes to get approved after fulfilling the requirements? I am trying to guesstimate what month my surgery will be in.  And hopefully get an appointment with my surgeon right after getting approved. :)
soontobe_blondegodd
ess

on 3/14/12 1:49 am
 70 pounds in 3ish months - THAT is awesome!!!!  I am so looking forward till I get past my 5 more months of doctor visits, approval, table and then my new life!!  Congrats to you on your success!
soontobe_blondegodd
ess

on 3/14/12 1:47 am
 Amazing numbers!  I hope I am that lucky!
soontobe_blondegodd
ess

on 3/13/12 9:43 am
 Thank you for the info!! Much appreciated!
soontobe_blondegodd
ess

on 3/13/12 9:42 am
 Thank you so much for the info and support!
soontobe_blondegodd
ess

on 3/13/12 9:41 am
 Thank you for the info and congrats on your success!
soontobe_blondegodd
ess

on 3/13/12 6:05 am, edited 3/13/12 6:56 am
 Thank you for the response! I am way too excited and so bummed I have so long to wait still!  I am about 250 and 38 years old; do you think I will have major excess skin, or do you think it will confirm to my body with diet and exercise? 
soontobe_blondegodd
ess

on 3/13/12 5:58 am
Hi, I am brand spanking new and beyond excited.  Just wondering how much weight on average is lost the first, second and third month after surgery? I would appreciate any responses!  I can't wait to feel healthy and fit into cute clothes!
Thank you for a response,
Adrienne
soontobe_blondegodd
ess

on 2/15/12 10:13 am
Topic: RE: Waffleking returns with an update!
 Hey Chris, it is Adrienne!  Thank you so much for sharing your experience with me on the phone.  In your before picture - you have the same features as your dad.  Now you look like a complete different person.  Thanks for supporting me!  I wish you a future of continued success.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 70 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 262 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 325 views