soontobe_blondegoddess’s Posts

soontobe_blondegodd
ess

on 6/15/16 6:43 pm
Topic: RE: Low Blood Pressure

I am worried because my labs have all been fine in the past and I am still doing everything I was since then. Maybe this is just a result that happens? It is a bit scary to feel like we are going to pass out. Thank you for your response. 

soontobe_blondegodd
ess

on 6/15/16 6:35 pm

I am pretty good with my vitamins... I am not sure what else it can be. Hopefully labs will tell. 

Thank you for sharing your experience.

soontobe_blondegodd
ess

on 6/15/16 4:21 pm
Topic: RE: BCBSIL

hey - i have BCBSIL - and i was approved BUT - I was 38, 5'5 275 lbs.  Just submit everything and they will tell you if they will approve or not.  If not, you need to ask why and see if you can fill their requirements.  I was rejected and then had to provide certain paperwork.  I was finally approved.  it is a long process.  good luck :)

soontobe_blondegodd
ess

on 6/15/16 4:16 pm

Hey guys,

I am struggling again with low blood pressure.  I drink Gatorade Low Cal and salt my food - to keep my fluids and salt intake up.  I am getting labs run tomorrow but I have been feeling really odd lately.  I drink plenty of fluids and yet skin is still dry, getting out of a chair is sometimes iffy - feels like I may pass out, then I get hot and feel like my breathing gets faster.

I am 4 years out - is anyone else experiencing this?

I am a bit scared.  Plus I fell off the wagon hard core.  I have not been working out and I know I lost muscle and gained fat.  I feel it in my jeans that I have been wearing for the last 3 years.  I REFUSE to buy any jeans - I am staying in these and not moving up a size.  I have a long road ahead of me...just having a rough time now.

If anyone is experiencing the low blood pressure thing....please, please offer advice and share your experiences with me.  I am not sure if I am the only one having this issue!

Thank you so much!!!!

soontobe_blondegodd
ess

on 4/18/16 8:41 pm
Topic: RE: I Keep Having the Strangest NSVs!

It is so crazy, huh? I still feel 280 and have to remind myself I am not. I do need to get my arse back on track fast. I need exercise! Congrats on your success and there will be plenty more of those reminders of who we were and who we now are. Hope you feel better soon!

soontobe_blondegodd
ess

on 4/18/16 11:37 am
Topic: RE: Protein Shakes - Yay or Nay?

Hi,

Premier protein shakes at costco are my lifesaver.  There are times you can't make lunch or breakfast and you can grab and go.  Just make sure it is 30 grams of protein.  Also Fage - plain greek yogurt - 20 grams of protein.  

I reply on shakes as a meal replacement if i can not get a real meal in.  I hope this helps and congrats on your big day!

soontobe_blondegodd
ess

on 4/18/16 11:32 am
Topic: RE: Food obsession

Hi,

I am almost 4 years out and still want to shove food in my mouth at all times.  I am at my heaviest after surgery now - 139 - i am usually 133.  I have not been exercising so i know that is the weight gain issue - my jeans are a bit snug.  I know muscle weighs more than fat and i have lost muscle and gained fat.  Plus i have done a tiny bit of binge eating.  As i found out - a lot of us will always struggle with our head.  I fight myself on a daily basis - but still make really good choices (most of the time).  Surgery is still the best way to go - you are forced to live life a certain way.  I love my sleeve and never ever regret it.  I do really really really miss buffets though.... but i do not miss being kicked off the rides at amusement parks etc....the entire experience is a head trip.  there will be weeks that no weight comes off and then 8lbs off "all at once" - clothes will be lose super fast... just a really crazy experience.

good luck to you!!!

soontobe_blondegodd
ess

on 3/21/16 12:02 pm
Topic: RE: As my date gets closer the more scared I am. Please help me work this out in my head

There are wayyyyy too many benefits to the surgery! Everyone is scared... but for me, it was the only solution.  Clothes are cheaper, food is cheaper, I am super healthy, have more energy, no longer breaking chairs when I sit in them :)

I still struggle...with my head.  As I found out, a lot of us do.  I really wish I could afford plastics so I can feel more attractive and be in the body I should have after all I have been through - but it is way out of budget and I have to remember how fortunate I am to be where I am at.  I teach swim lessons on the weekends and am embarrassed about my tummy and thighs but I am healthy - that is the most important thing.  Good luck on your venture.  This place is very comforting knowing that so many of us share the same struggles, even years out.  It is a forever thing and it is for the best.

soontobe_blondegodd
ess

on 3/21/16 11:44 am
Topic: RE: I am always thinking about food!

I have been craving carbs lately too!!

soontobe_blondegodd
ess

on 3/21/16 10:53 am, edited 3/22/16 11:48 am
Topic: RE: As my date gets closer the more scared I am. Please help me work this out in my head

Best decision I made in my entire life!!!  I still struggle with my head as you can see in my most recent post.  I am not divorced and my husband was my rock.  The relationship did change...I want to go outside and play, bike, hike and be more active and my husband doesn't :( that is really hard.  Do not cancel!!! You can still eat out - I try and share meals with my husband or friends...and if that doesn't work out, I have leftovers. I love being able to stuff my carry on luggage with tons of outfits size 4 and 6 rather than a bunch of size 24!

Inside I feel like I am 25, my age is 42, and my thighs and stomach are the body of an 80 year old.  Plastic surgery is too expensive!

DO NOT CANCEL!!!! YOU WORKED TOO HARD TO GET HERE.  INSURANCE CAN CHANGE AND YOU MAY NEVER HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO DO THIS AGAIN! I was crying the entire way to the hospital and I was scared ****less!  I love my doctor and everything went great!  You will feel so good once the weight is gone.  I was tired of not being able to control my eating - plus i would get kicked off many rides at amusement parks.

Please go through with this!!!

soontobe_blondegodd
ess

on 3/19/16 7:35 am

Thank you both for sharing, I guess "it is normal". I am just scared that I will behave badly. I will have to keep occupied by doing something else. 

soontobe_blondegodd
ess

on 3/18/16 4:14 pm

I am 3.5 years out and constantly thinking about food - whether I am hungry or not!  Does anyone else experience this?

I am always wanting to shove food in and I am scared.  I do not want to revert back to bad behavior.  Other than getting group support, any suggestions that I can do to help myself?  

soontobe_blondegodd
ess

on 12/18/15 12:04 pm
Topic: RE: 6 weeks post op. No weight loss in 2 weeks

I had many, many, many stalls and was very frustrated - but then - I lost a bunch after it stopped.  Just keep eating right, drinking fluids and exercising.

soontobe_blondegodd
ess

on 12/18/15 12:00 pm
Topic: RE: Coffee....unleaded

Decaf drinks are counted as our Liquid intake - I am naughty and do caffeinated and decaf drinks and seem to be fine.  I do drink a ton of water anyway...But if you every get "stopped up" regular coffee is the trick or the old Senokot which has saved me several times.

soontobe_blondegodd
ess

on 12/18/15 11:54 am
Topic: RE: Nearing my goal!

Congratulations!!!  It's been a crazy journey!

soontobe_blondegodd
ess

on 12/16/15 10:26 am
Topic: RE: Hair loss.....

Totally normal and it really sucks!!!  Hang in there! I started losing mine 6 months out for up to a year and a half.  Not bald though.... just really thinned out. 

soontobe_blondegodd
ess

on 12/4/15 9:41 pm
Topic: RE: Wedding Rings?

Hands will get smaller and believe it or not, you will be throwing out shoes too! My feet went down 1/2-1 full size depending on what type of shoe. 

soontobe_blondegodd
ess

on 12/3/15 3:54 pm
Topic: RE: Wedding Rings?

I bought a cheap fake one until i stabled out - but i still needed to size my ring twice!  I thought i was done, and then more came off. 

Grab a pretty sterling silver band with swarovski crystals off overstock :)

soontobe_blondegodd
ess

on 9/18/15 12:40 pm
Topic: RE: Vitamins

calcium is chewable - i take the baratric one that the vitamin shop sells

multi is chewable - i take the baratric one that the vitamin shop sells

b12 is under the tongue - any

and all others are pill - drug store

I was told we aren't allowed to eat gummies - yet i know they sell them and eat gummies every now and then - but candy (bad girl, i know)

soontobe_blondegodd
ess

on 9/18/15 10:06 am
Topic: RE: The Return of Hunger (Post-Op)

You are lucky that you don't get hungry!!  I do if i don't eat properly.  i still fight with head hunger everyday...plus bored eating.  I do agree it is  lifetime battle.  I vowed i will never buy a larger size of jeans that i am wearing now.  I am still in my exact same clothes as i was 2.5 years ago (with a few updates).  But i never want to go back to the dark side ever! You made me feel comfortable that others feel the same way as i do - fighting the head.  I am thankful i never had the acid issue.  I did hear that papaya helps with reducing acid - plus milk.

soontobe_blondegodd
ess

on 9/16/15 1:53 pm
Topic: RE: Coconu****er for Leg Cramps

are you taking your calcium? vitamins and b complex?

Stretch you legs too and eat bananas for potassium. 

Make sure you are getting your calcium in.  also, may be get your labs run?

soontobe_blondegodd
ess

on 9/16/15 1:51 pm
Topic: RE: so off track I'm scared

keep an emergency protein bar in your bag.  if you can't cook a meal, at least drink a protein shake.  If you don't eat, you are not giving your body the proper nutrition it needs. you will feel worse. 

soontobe_blondegodd
ess

on 9/16/15 1:48 pm
Topic: RE: Eating Slowly Struggles

It is so we don't shove food in our mouth like we did in our past - i used to.  It is so we allow enough time for our sleeve to register that we are full.  I agree, i have finished meals within 15 minutes - and did regret it - there are times i then feel way too full and regret eating too fast.

follow the basic rules and you will be okay.  I have broken all the rules - but very cautiously.  I still stay away from carbonation to an extent. 

hope this helps

soontobe_blondegodd
ess

on 9/16/15 1:40 pm
Topic: RE: The Return of Hunger (Post-Op)

Hi, just make sure you are getting 30 grams of protein per meal.  In between meals drink plenty of water!  If you really are hungry - which i get every now and then because i did not eat a proper meal - i will eat a fage plain yogurt :)

I am 3 years out and still fight my head - don't let your head win.  Listen to your tummy.  I still have to learn that every now and then. 

please start best practices now - do not let your head win.

soontobe_blondegodd
ess

on 4/16/15 4:25 am
Topic: RE: Emotional Eating

Thank you all for your thoughts... Probably support group will be best. Hopefully I can find one after work hours, the one that I have attended in the past meets once a month and is when I teach swimming, so I miss it:(

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 69 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 258 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 324 views